LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Why hasn't Roman been cut yet?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SJniner7:
As much as I may dislike it, I bet he still starts in 09'. Unless we acquire a huge FA or draft pick, Roman will probably be around another year. If anything, at least for some depth.

We would be better off just not even fielding anyone and go with a ten man squad. At least the CBs wouldn't have the illusion of help over the top....
As much as I may dislike it, I bet he still starts in 09'. Unless we acquire a huge FA or draft pick, Roman will probably be around another year. If anything, at least for some depth.

mike Singletary said at the end of the year that they need a safety with more range.
Roman will be replaced.
  • gpat52
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

mike Singletary said at the end of the year that they need a safety with more range.
Roman will be replaced.

can't wait
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fan49:
He is prolly the worst free safety or close too we have ever had. whens the last time he got a pick? and he is a free safety, thats his main requirement to get picks..

On a scale of 1 to 10, how foolish would it be to cut him when you haven't found a replacement?
  • MADMIKE
  • Info N/A
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Because you dont cut someone before you have a replacement lined up.

Oh wait, I forgot this is 49ers
  • MADMIKE
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
You do not make cuts until you have a replacement.

maybe for good players. Seeing him run in untouched and then bouncing off jason campbell and injuring himself, i think we will be ok if we cut him now and find his replacement later.

The only reason not to cut him would be to trade him. is there anything lower than a 7th round pick. Maybe a case of beer or something.
it would be better just playing with 10 players and without him.

he runs into our own players and f**ks up INT!
He is prolly the worst free safety or close too we have ever had. whens the last time he got a pick? and he is a free safety, thats his main requirement to get picks..

I guess you forgot about Ronnie Heard in 2004. Or Mike Adams in 2005 (who wasn't terrible, but not better than Roman). Or Pierson Prioleau.

But hey, I guess Roman's THE ABSOLUTE WORST.
With Romans salary being peanuts and not having a clear starter at this point he wont be cut until pre-season if at all. JTO is a FA so its just a matter of not resigning him, which i don't think we will.

• MADMIKE
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by NickSh49:

I guess you forgot about Ronnie Heard in 2004. Or Mike Adams in 2005 (who wasn't terrible, but not better than Roman). Or Pierson Prioleau.

But hey, I guess Roman's THE ABSOLUTE WORST.

Mike Adams
44 tks 2 ints in 5 starts
Roman
53 tkls no ints in 16 starts
Whos better?
  • MADMIKE
  • Info N/A
To clarify those are last years stats and total tackles which count assists as 1 tkl.
If you go by solo tackles roman had 39 in 16 starts while mike adams had 36 in 5 starts while playing in 14 games.

Roman has 1 int in 3 years in sf
in 2005 starting 10 games Adams had 4 ints taking one back for a TD.

I would take Adams over Roman any day. Its sad when other teams backups are better than our starter. How can some of you defend this guy?
Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:

Roman will be replaced.

But not cut
Boy, if you're saying he's better than Mike Adams, you're not saying much at all. A good safety should make receivers thinking about the hit that's coming when they go down field to catch the ball. Or in the case of Roman a flash of red jersey to may be distract them from catching the ball.

[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Jan 24, 2009 at 15:31:34 ]
  • MADMIKE
  • Info N/A
It seemed like Roman distracted clements from the ball more than recievers
Share 49ersWebzone