There are 244 users in the forums

Why hasn't Roman been cut yet?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by MADMIKE:
It seemed like Roman distracted clements from the ball more than recievers

he cockblocked walt harris a few times for picks. we'd be better off just playing with 10 players on D. i think they havent cut him yet because they havent replaced him yet. i dont think he'll be on the team after the training camp cuts happen if we draft or sign another FS
We just signed a safety so I am sure he will be challenged and lose his spot. I am sure we also pick up someone in the draft if there and the time is right to make sure. It is a huge need for team. Not the only need, but a need indeed
Originally posted by 49Gorillas:
With Romans salary being peanuts and not having a clear starter at this point he wont be cut until pre-season if at all. JTO is a FA so its just a matter of not resigning him, which i don't think we will.

so are you saying that you think JTO will be back - or that the niners won't make an effort to re-sign him?
If Scot Mac hasn't already been on the phone to Nolan and Denver and offered them Roman for a conditional 7th round pick in this years draft (conditional on them never sending him back to us!) then I will be disappointed.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by fan49:
He is prolly the worst free safety or close too we have ever had. whens the last time he got a pick? and he is a free safety, thats his main requirement to get picks..

I guess you forgot about Ronnie Heard in 2004. Or Mike Adams in 2005 (who wasn't terrible, but not better than Roman). Or Pierson Prioleau.

But hey, I guess Roman's THE ABSOLUTE WORST.

Mike Adams
44 tks 2 ints in 5 starts
Roman
53 tkls no ints in 16 starts
Whos better?

I'll take Roman. If you truly watched both of them play every snap, you would say the same thing.
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Because you dont cut someone before you have a replacement lined up.

Oh wait, I forgot this is 49ers

• kodiak49er
  • Info N/A
To clarify those are last years stats and total tackles which count assists as 1 tkl.
If you go by solo tackles roman had 39 in 16 starts while mike adams had 36 in 5 starts while playing in 14 games.

Roman has 1 int in 3 years in sf
in 2005 starting 10 games Adams had 4 ints taking one back for a TD.

I would take Adams over Roman any day. Its sad when other teams backups are better than our starter. How can some of you defend this guy?

because they, like our coaches and especially our owners are F***I*G retarded!
  • MADMIKE
  • Info N/A
He is prolly the worst free safety or close too we have ever had. whens the last time he got a pick? and he is a free safety, thats his main requirement to get picks..

I guess you forgot about Ronnie Heard in 2004. Or Mike Adams in 2005 (who wasn't terrible, but not better than Roman). Or Pierson Prioleau.

Mike Adams
Roman
Whos better?

I'll take Roman. If you truly watched both of them play every snap, you would say the same thing.

But were getting rid of roman because he doesnt cause turn overs and is basically a non factor. Adams had 5 starts on a pretty good defense and caused 2 turn overs and almost had more solo tackles than roman 39-36.
  • Area49nevada
  • Info N/A
Relax, we just signed Jimmy Williams again, so John Keith can't be far behind.
Seriously, he was a promising safety before 2 serious injuries derailed his career.

Trivia Question: Who was the other CB who played with Jimmy Williams(the former) in college who was 1 of the 3 consecutive db's picked at the top of the draft by the Packers who blew out both knees playing pick-up basketball games.

Must answer from your own memory without use of the internet or old annuals.

Hint; only the 3rd round pick was not a bust.

Predicted winner: British9er

Mike Adams
Roman
Whos better?

But were getting rid of roman because he doesnt cause turn overs and is basically a non factor. Adams had 5 starts on a pretty good defense and caused 2 turn overs and almost had more solo tackles than roman 39-36.

I don't disagree with the idea that Roman is done in SF, but I don't think he's 100% garbage either.

Originally posted by Area49nevada:
Relax, we just signed Jimmy Williams again, so John Keith can't be far behind.
Seriously, he was a promising safety before 2 serious injuries derailed his career.

Trivia Question: Who was the other CB who played with Jimmy Williams(the former) in college who was 1 of the 3 consecutive db's picked at the top of the draft by the Packers who blew out both knees playing pick-up basketball games.

Must answer from your own memory without use of the internet or old annuals.

Hint; only the 3rd round pick was not a bust.

Predicted winner: British9er

Wrong Jimmy Williams. This is the one that was a top rated DB in the 06 draft and slipped to the second to the falcons. Youre thinking of the one we drafted in I think 01 who went to vanderbilt. He mostly played KR/PR for us.
  • MADMIKE
  • Info N/A

Mike Adams
Roman
Whos better?

I don't disagree with the idea that Roman is done in SF, but I don't think he's 100% garbage either.

Fair enough, he did make it to the NFL. But he is clearly the weak spot in our secondary which must be addressed. He is a back up FS like Keith lewis is a backup SS. But i think Keith is more valuable. 75% Garbage?
he is a free safety, thats his main requirement to get picks..

this just made me
  • Pintor49
  • Info N/A
Singletary is fair and will have him come into camp. He will get cut. Niners will go after Atogwe ST Louis ex-Standford. Com'on home kid.
Originally posted by sincalniner:
Were working a trade. Him and Franklin for Denvers 1st round pick.
Nolan needs to implement his D

Great idea. Let's unload the Spinner and Roman to the Broncos for a Nr. 1
Share 49ersWebzone