LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 355 users in the forums

Why hasn't Roman been cut yet?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ObePwnD:
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
Some of you people are probly sayin f**k that Grigga, BUT as a back up he provides solid depth and we already know what we got in him and he knows the system. I think it would be wise to keep him around.

Solid depth? What we have in him is a chump that is our weakest link in the secondary.

We can keep him around to fill the Gadorade bottles.

The guy is as dumb as a bag of rocks for sure.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Some of you people are probly sayin f**k that Grigga, BUT as a back up he provides solid depth and we already know what we got in him and he knows the system. I think it would be wise to keep him around.

That quote is as equivalent as saying i would like to keep the STD i was just infected with. (hypothetically speaking of course).

Mark Roman was good for one thing only, wearing the radio in the helmet. i rather have mike rumph, or ahmed plummer, or even jose cortez......"yes i went there" back on the team then have a cancer like Roman on our team. he did request a trade which means he does not want to be a part of this team.
[ Edited by FederalAgent49 on Apr 11, 2009 at 12:38 AM ]
Can't even believe that this was proposed.....

NINER MADMAN
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

NINER MADMAN
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

NINER MADMAN

just goes to show to lack of IQ that we were blessed with this offseason(the worst by far in terms to rediculious posts)
Originally posted by FederalAgent49:

That quote is as equivalent as saying i would like to keep the STD i was just infected with. (hypothetically speaking of course).

Mark Roman was good for one thing only, wearing the radio in the helmet. i rather have mike rumph, or ahmed plummer, or even jose cortez......"yes i went there" back on the team then have a cancer like Roman on our team. he did request a trade which means he does not want to be a part of this team.

he didn't request a trade.

We gave him permission to seek a trade when he was informed that he would no longer be starting.

Btw, if we do cut Roman, who backs up Goldson?

-9fA
like i said Keep Mark Roman.
  • nivek
  • Info N/A
I'm all for keeping him as a back up! He's a vet!

But is HE willing to stay here as a back up?

That's the bigger question.

I don't think he can start anywhere else though, so he might have to suck it up. His disgruntled ass better not start causing problems though.
  • gababiloba2
  • Info N/A
Yeah, I can't see anyone else actually wanting to give anything up for him and actually trade for him. He'll stay on as a veteran back-up.

Keep Roman? The guy sucks on the field and is a crybaby because he lost his starting position. Roman was the biggest Nowin guy on the team and you want to keep him? I would much rather draft a rookie or have Reggie Smith or Jimmy Williams back up Goldston then keep Roman on the team. Roman doesn't make plays and is always getting burnt in coverage. We will probably cut him after the draft if we end up drafting a FS or he will be let go in the first round of cuts if there are no injuries.
The bigger question is "what is his salary"? I believe he is getting paid quite well, and FS is one of the lowest paid positions in football.

As far as him (Roman) knowing the system, just train someone else to know the system, that's why we call those guys "COACHES"! (shakes head)
i think hes only makin like 900,000$$$ not positive though
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by glorydayz:
The bigger question is "what is his salary"? I believe he is getting paid quite well, and FS is one of the lowest paid positions in football.

As far as him (Roman) knowing the system, just train someone else to know the system, that's why we call those guys "COACHES"! (shakes head)

It's more than knowing the system, he provides veteran leadership in the locker room and can help the younger guys in film study. He can back up both safety spots as well. He is a decent option as a backup and isn't hurting the payroll.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FederalAgent49:

How is he a cancer ?
Share 49ersWebzone