There are 652 users in the forums
Would you trade Frank Gore??
Would you trade Frank Gore??
Apr 1, 2009 at 10:04 AM
- pat52the_truth
- Info N/A
yeah lets just trade gore and by the way lets let north korea nuke us too.....LAme
Apr 1, 2009 at 12:21 PM
- jays9ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 4,560
Originally posted by syoung8:So you would rather keep a RB who was 2 to 3 good years left in him, rather than go after a franchise QB who could be the starter for the next decade or more?? A LEGIT qb who has much more upside than an aging RB.........Originally posted by jays9ers:
So I'm bringing this thread back to life... I say trade Frank Gore and this years number 1 to denver for Cutler.... I would pull the trigger for a true franchise QB.. To all you who think I'm crazy I say WHAAAAAAATEEEVVVVEEEEERRR.
Dude your dreaming in color living in black and white.....NO way you give a probowl back up for a qb that has won anything he is good but your gonna throw in a number 10 pick tooo?? your nucking futz. I would do roman and number one but thats about it. NOt frank not on a Run first team..no seems to get this we are goin to RUN !! wouldnt be surprised if we draft a RB in 1 or 2 and power run over everyone..then trade frank in a year or two.
Aug 25, 2009 at 7:16 PM
- global_nomad
- Veteran
- Posts: 14,827
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
all I have to say to the yes voters is...
PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE!
Aug 25, 2009 at 7:28 PM
- GoldenBear
- Veteran
- Posts: 1,236
I'm sure Jimmy Raye would be all for that. It's not like Gore is gonna be involved in the offense much.


[ Edited by GoldenBear on Aug 25, 2009 at 7:28 PM ]
Aug 25, 2009 at 8:12 PM
- fzrdave
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,170
Big trades in the NFL seldom occur, so the whole question is kind of pointless, but any possible improvement to the team is always fair game - it's a business after all. So yeah, if the offer was right ...
Aug 25, 2009 at 8:43 PM
- 49erForLife420
- Veteran
- Posts: 456
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
all I have to say to the yes voters is...
PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE!
i agree... THE SEASON HASNT EVEN STARTED YET... why would u say we are ganna get a new OC give the guy a f@ing chance before u say that stuff
Aug 26, 2009 at 7:40 AM
- Thrash88
- Veteran
- Posts: 369
Let's trade Gore for Tony Romo. We won't play Romo he'll only be here to have his monthly hot girlfriends such as Carrie Underwood and Jessica Simpson come to the games to spice up the stadium a bit!
Aug 26, 2009 at 8:19 AM
- blizzuntz
- Veteran
- Posts: 56,288
He actually isn't worth much as far as trading IMO
There are too many RB's in the league that could start and get over 1000 yards rushing. That is why you see so many teams with the 2 headed monster look these days bc running backs are a dime a dozen.
There are too many RB's in the league that could start and get over 1000 yards rushing. That is why you see so many teams with the 2 headed monster look these days bc running backs are a dime a dozen.
Aug 26, 2009 at 8:29 AM
- susweel
- Hall of Nepal
- Posts: 122,143
I would trade him of we get a good QB or pass rusher in return. Good RB's are pretty easy to find.
Aug 26, 2009 at 8:33 AM
- strickac
- Veteran
- Posts: 15,176
Originally posted by susweel:
I would trade him of we get a good QB or pass rusher in return. Good RB's are pretty easy to find.
I second this.
Aug 26, 2009 at 8:37 AM
- Youngone
- Veteran
- Posts: 27,666
Wow. Who bumped this thread. Should've let it die
Aug 26, 2009 at 8:37 AM
- Norcal9erfan
- Veteran
- Posts: 2,566
I wonder why the mods tagged this to be re-visited??
I bet someone is trying to stir up some s**t because Coffee and Sheets are looking good huh??
I don't care! Answer is still HELL NO!
Edit: Woa! Whats up with the date?? It says April 26??!!! My comment isnt as legit anymore.
I bet someone is trying to stir up some s**t because Coffee and Sheets are looking good huh??
I don't care! Answer is still HELL NO!Edit: Woa! Whats up with the date?? It says April 26??!!! My comment isnt as legit anymore.
[ Edited by Norcal9erfan on Aug 26, 2009 at 8:38 AM ]
Aug 26, 2009 at 8:43 AM
- OO9ers
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,562
For the right player yes
Frank Gore for Tom Brady yes
Frank Gore for Adrian Peterson no
Frank Gore for Tom Brady yes
Frank Gore for Adrian Peterson no
Aug 26, 2009 at 9:21 AM
- djfullshred
- Veteran
- Posts: 9,838
Any player is tradeable when you have a team that has struggled. But you need to get more for the future than you give up on the present if you are a team trying to get out of the doldrums. Other teams are not going to do that for you if your trade bait is a running back. I seriously doubt it would be remotely possible to get an equitable trade for Frank Gore, regardless how special we think he is.
Aug 26, 2009 at 9:26 AM
- dr8van
- Veteran
- Posts: 268
Originally posted by 49erForLife420:Originally posted by Memphis9er:
all I have to say to the yes voters is...
PUT DOWN THE CRACK PIPE!
i agree... THE SEASON HASNT EVEN STARTED YET... why would u say we are ganna get a new OC give the guy a f@ing chance before u say that stuff
This post was started in December of last year. We hadnt signed a new OC yet!
I think this poster was talking about Martz!

--
As far as trading Gore...I tend to agree with the business perspecitve on this one. If we get something in return of need and that return makes the the team better overall then I say go for it. After seeing Jerry in a Raiders uniform and Joe in a Chiefs uniform, I cant say that I'd be that heart broken if Gore was traded.