There are 212 users in the forums

Aqib Talib

Rather have Talib then Johnson. Talib will retire soon, be cheaper and he's just a better player IMO.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Rather have Talib then Johnson. Talib will retire soon, be cheaper and he's just a better player IMO.

Close to retirement is a plus? Being 32 is good for a corner now? Champ Bailey he is not.
Originally posted by post_primitive:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Rather have Talib then Johnson. Talib will retire soon, be cheaper and he's just a better player IMO.

Close to retirement is a plus? Being 32 is good for a corner now? Champ Bailey he is not.

I wouldn't invest into an average CB that we have to pay 10+ mil to for a long time. So ya, I'd rather rent an aging player until we draft our own #1 corner. This team still needs to find a Leo and I don't see T. Johnson being a cornerstone player.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by post_primitive:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Rather have Talib then Johnson. Talib will retire soon, be cheaper and he's just a better player IMO.

Close to retirement is a plus? Being 32 is good for a corner now? Champ Bailey he is not.

I wouldn't invest into an average CB that we have to pay 10+ mil to for a long time. So ya, I'd rather rent an aging player until we draft our own #1 corner. This team still needs to find a Leo and I don't see T. Johnson being a cornerstone player.

There really isn't LEO in FA. I bet that's where we go in the first round—Landry, Chubb, Edwards, Davenport, Key—one of those dudes.

Melvin, Johnson, Fuller > 32 year old headcase Talib. Let him go to the pats if they want him.
[ Edited by post_primitive on Mar 7, 2018 at 5:13 PM ]
Really glad he doesn't want to come here cause I really didn't want to take him on anyways. Dude is a clown that would cause sh!t in this young locker room. I hope he goes to the patriots like he wants then they lose because Jimmy G throws 3 touchdowns on him as he steals the torch from Brady!
Originally posted by MTninerfan:
Really glad he doesn't want to come here cause I really didn't want to take him on anyways. Dude is a clown that would cause sh!t in this young locker room. I hope he goes to the patriots like he wants then they lose because Jimmy G throws 3 touchdowns on him as he steals the torch from Brady!

Agreed. As others have said, I'm sure Lynch was just doing due diligence. The interest couldn't have been too great if he's committed to the culture he claims he wants to build in SF.
I wasn't excited about this guy. Cool if we got him, don't care we didn't.
Talib isn't who the Niners need...Johnson is. It's just that simple.
Originally posted by PacTiger:
I wasn't excited about this guy. Cool if we got him, don't care we didn't.

That's exactly how I feel about him
Me no want his drama, pass

  • LVJay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 16,666
f**k this knucklehead! Go back to Patriots, their window is shut even with Brady... I hope Dick Shermaphrodite goes there too
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 37,647
Rams loading up
Wow. Only a 5th round pick
[ Edited by Howlett49 on Mar 8, 2018 at 5:09 PM ]
Secondary could be one of the best next season.
Rams got 2 head cases in the secondary now. Hopefully the locker room takes a turn for the worst
Share 49erswebzone