There are 77 users in the forums

Aqib Talib

  • dj43
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 26,372
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Talib is a loose cannon...he plays right on the edge of dirty. Besides, our secondary has come a long way and should be a strength of the defense.

I agree.

We may have a couple of CBs that are better than Talib and all his drama. Last year Talib ranked #30 in the league while Tramaine Brock was #34 and Jimmie Ward was #36, and that was with almost no pass rush.
How come no one trades GOOD receivers. It's always corners.
Talib went to KU so I'm very familiar with him due to local exposure. He is Teflon. He has had so many incidents off the field and yet people don't ever seem to remember them. Yhey just roll off like he's made of Teflon. And they're not just dumb pot poor judgement mistakes. Guy is violent. Couldn't find a list except on Wiki but this seems pretty accurate. Doesn't surprise me he is having trouble sticking on teams or is on the trading block

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqib_Talib#Legal_problems_and_incidents
Originally posted by bonafidejonb:
It does matter when you can roll it over into next year's cap number...have you seen Kap play lately? He just isn't the player he used to be...I want to believe he is, but the game tape doesn't lie...

And if Kap starts for us this year, it's because Gabbert got hurt...not because he won the job...Ponder has looked better than Kap and he only had a limited time learning the playbook...Kap has been studying all off-season...

You can say that about most players that had not played in a game for 9 months ... lol.
Police conclude he shot himself in the leg. So if he illegally fired a gun then what's next?
  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,821
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Police conclude he shot himself in the leg. So if he illegally fired a gun then what's next?

Didn't Plaxico Burres get suspended for this exact same thing?
Originally posted by jcs:
Originally posted by ninerjok:
Police conclude he shot himself in the leg. So if he illegally fired a gun then what's next?

Didn't Plaxico Burres get suspended for this exact same thing?

Didn't he even do time for it ? It's been a while so it's fuzzy to me
Talib might be my least favorite player in the league. He's a complete scumbag. He's far worse than Pacman, Aldon, Gordon, and plenty of others that get a bad rap.

It seems like he's always getting arrested, shot at, shooting himself. Everytime he goes to Texas he gets into trouble. Great player, but a POS.
Member Milestone: This is post number 200 for Bellaleo.
Since Lynch was entertaining the idea of adding Peters speculation about adding Talib should increase. On the cheap I would still add him then draft a CB in the 3rd round.
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Since Lynch was entertaining the idea of adding Peters speculation about adding Talib should increase. On the cheap I would still add him then draft a CB in the 3rd round.

yeah I'd be cool with this...hold his rights for two yrs and (which works out to like $18 million over two yrs) He's still one of the best CBs in the league still. Gives us tons of flexibility in the draft

  • dj43
  • Moderator
  • Posts: 26,372
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Since Lynch was entertaining the idea of adding Peters speculation about adding Talib should increase. On the cheap I would still add him then draft a CB in the 3rd round.

If Lynch was only "interested" in Peters but never reached the point of making an offer, I would be very surprised if he even became "interested" in Talib. The guy has a long reputation of being a dirty player and an overall dirtbag.
Originally posted by dj43:
If Lynch was only "interested" in Peters but never reached the point of making an offer, I would be very surprised if he even became "interested" in Talib. The guy has a long reputation of being a dirty player and an overall dirtbag.

Of all the great defenses over the last 3 decades or so every single one of them had a dirtbag or two on its roster. We currently have none. If we could add Talib for a minimal investment I would be stoked. Witherspoon,Talib,Williams and say Meeks would be the best set of corners we have had in ages. Even if it's not Talib I envision Lynch making a trade or 2 and adding a couple of above average starters on defence. I don't want to overpay for the fa's available at corner. Trades are becoming more and more common in today's nfl with the steady rise of the salary cap. Lynch knows this,I think he will capitalize
  • jcs
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 23,821
Originally posted by Bellaleo:
Originally posted by dj43:
If Lynch was only "interested" in Peters but never reached the point of making an offer, I would be very surprised if he even became "interested" in Talib. The guy has a long reputation of being a dirty player and an overall dirtbag.

Of all the great defenses over the last 3 decades or so every single one of them had a dirtbag or two on its roster. We currently have none. If we could add Talib for a minimal investment I would be stoked. Witherspoon,Talib,Williams and say Meeks would be the best set of corners we have had in ages. Even if it's not Talib I envision Lynch making a trade or 2 and adding a couple of above average starters on defence. I don't want to overpay for the fa's available at corner. Trades are becoming more and more common in today's nfl with the steady rise of the salary cap. Lynch knows this,I think he will capitalize
We have a kid who can't stop getting arrested.

Talib is set to make $12 million this season, if he's cut I doubt he takes a vet min deal.
Did we trade for him yet?
Originally posted by kansasninerfan:
Talib went to KU so I'm very familiar with him due to local exposure. He is Teflon. He has had so many incidents off the field and yet people don't ever seem to remember them. Yhey just roll off like he's made of Teflon. And they're not just dumb pot poor judgement mistakes. Guy is violent. Couldn't find a list except on Wiki but this seems pretty accurate. Doesn't surprise me he is having trouble sticking on teams or is on the trading block

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aqib_Talib#Legal_problems_and_incidents

Who hasn't fired a gun at their sisters boyfriend
Share 49erswebzone