LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 259 users in the forums

Chiefs playing hardball with Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by verb1der:
Originally posted by captveg:
No one threw a prettier deep pass in the playoffs then Smith's TD to Avery. Fact.

Show me a better one.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Chiefs want to trade down. They and Alex both know they need him and would be foolish to throw away the success they have to build on right now. With a mediocre support cast outside of Jamaal Charles, even a little addition to their offensive arsenal would seem to give them a monstrous boost in offensive potential.

Even without Charles for an entire game, and in the playoffs, Smith carved apart Indianpolis with a rookie and 3rd string RBs out there. Solidify their defensive depth, get Smith locked down for the future out there, and add a couple weapons on offense, and you've got a dangerous team, capable of supplanting Denver at the top. I hope they learned from Seattle's blueprint how to beat Manning.

Especially since Denver has, what, 2 more years with Manning at most? KC's window should open much wider once Peyton retires if they build around their current core group, including Alex.

EDIT: I'll also LMAO @ the Chiefs if they let Alex walk in FA next year, Peyton retires, and the Broncos sign him and he goes on to beat the Chiefs w/ the Broncos in 2015. That scenario would be pure poetry.
[ Edited by captveg on May 6, 2014 at 12:24 PM ]
Originally posted by verb1der:
No one threw a prettier deep pass in the playoffs then Smith's TD to Avery. Fact.

Show me a better one.
How about the pass in the same game, and to complete the comeback ?

http://www.nfl.com/videos/indianapolis-colts/0ap2000000309121/Wild-Card-Can-t-Miss-Play-Hilton-takes-it-to-the-house
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/indianapolis-colts/0ap2000000309121/Wild-Card-Can-t-Miss-Play-Hilton-takes-it-to-the-house

Equal. Not better.

Equal. Not better.
lol, its the game winning TD...Clutch
Show me a better one.

Alex deserves the money though and KC would be dumb not to pay em.
I love the pass to Avery...it was a solid pass..smartly played..but it wasn't threaded or into coverage. Avery broke free and Alex avoided the rush and had the sense enough to look upfield. Great play...but not something you want to say "it doesn't get better".

Of course it does. Unless you're just talking about the spiral on the ball..and if so..who cares?
[ Edited by Jakemall on May 6, 2014 at 3:29 PM ]
BTW, this is all a smoke screen.

Either for trying to negotiate Alex down or more likely to make another team think that the Chiefs might actually take a QB in the first so that they're more likely to trade.
Originally posted by Jakemall:

Either for trying to negotiate Alex down or more likely to make another team think that the Chiefs might actually take a QB in the first so that they're more likely to trade.

smoke screen for who ?

smoke screen for who ?

Sorry...thought that part was obvious.

I love the pass to Avery...it was a solid pass..smartly played..but it wasn't threaded or into coverage. Avery broke free and Alex avoided the rush and had the sense enough to look upfield. Great play...but not something you want to say "it doesn't get better".

Of course it does. Unless you're just talking about the spiral on the ball..and if so..who cares?

Still a beauty of a pass, and a complete undermining of the "he can't throw deep" myth.

Still a beauty of a pass, and a complete undermining of the "he can't throw deep" myth.

Now that is true.

smoke screen for who ?

Sorry...thought that part was obvious.
for the fans ?

thats really bad business, if it's a negotiation tactic
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on May 6, 2014 at 4:02 PM ]

hooray..he can finally throw one deep ball after 8 years.

This was a pretty awesome TD pass as well
Share 49ersWebzone