LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Chiefs playing hardball with Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
Read on PFT that the Chiefs are threatening to take a qb in the 1st as a negotiation tactic. The report is Alex wants Romo/Cutler $$ and the Chiefs want to pay him in the 10-11 million range.
PFT?
I read that as a draft smokescreen. Pretty much anything I hear from now until Thursday evening I'll regard as an absolute lie.
Originally posted by WINiner:
Read on PFT that the Chiefs are threatening to take a qb in the 1st as a negotiation tactic. The report is Alex wants Romo/Cutler $$ and the Chiefs want to pay him in the 10-11 million range.

He deserves Cutler money. Maybe trade our 2nd for their 3rd and 1st next year?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
average player gonna make average money.
Originally posted by susweel:
average player gonna make average money.

if that
Originally posted by 9NERNATE:
Originally posted by WINiner:

He deserves Cutler money. Maybe trade our 2nd for their 3rd and 1st next year?

I'd make that trade.
On a serious note and ignoring the usual anti Smith crud from the usual anti Smith posters, I have difficulty with this one. The Chiefs are not great at drafting quarterbacks (and this is being incredibly polite, check out their draft record). Are they seriously trying to get anyone to believe that they can not only produce, against all odds, an NFL-quality qb in the draft, but that they can also get him ready to start by 2015?

The Chiefs? Like, Alex's agent is going to have difficulty keeping a straight face on this one.
All part of Baalkes plan, Trade Alex for draft picks. build up Colin then trade his raping ass for even more draft picks, re-sign Alex after he hits free agency
Originally posted by English:
On a serious note and ignoring the usual anti Smith crud from the usual anti Smith posters, I have difficulty with this one. The Chiefs are not great at drafting quarterbacks (and this is being incredibly polite, check out their draft record). Are they seriously trying to get anyone to believe that they can not only produce, against all odds, an NFL-quality qb in the draft, but that they can also get him ready to start by 2015?

The Chiefs? Like, Alex's agent is going to have difficulty keeping a straight face on this one.

I think some teams are going to want to trade back into the first round or move up, lets other teams know that as well.

but yeah, alex isn't going to get that kind of money. He plays for chiefs, not cowboys or bears lol

not a shocker. reid likes to stack up qbs. he took kolb when mcnabb was still around. as far as playing hardball goes, they both are, alex wants decent coin and they want him at a cheaper rate.
Lol at the Chiefs drafting a QB early
Originally posted by English:

How many QB's has the current administration there drafted? Because nothing else that happened before then matters anymore. The notion that teams are "good" at this or "bad" at that is usually pretty fluid depending on who is in charge at any given moment. The only real exception to this is teams with overly involved owners such as Al Davis with the Raiders and Jerry Jones with the Cowboys.
Alex will be the starting qb of the Raiders in 2015
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Alex will be the starting qb of the Raiders in 2015

LOL this.
Share 49ersWebzone