LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 240 users in the forums

Is the NFL ready for an Openly Gay Player

Shop 49ers game tickets

Is the NFL ready for an Openly Gay Player

You ready for the first "official" one that could be drafted this weekend?

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/content/sports/former-mtsu-kicker-pursues-nfl-dream-oh-and-hes-gay
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Very similar situation
1:20, then 3:10, then 4:10.

Owner forces lone pro bowl player to go on IR to cover up the "situation"
Then the NFL gets spooked and forces ESPN to pull the show after one season.
That was weak. It was a highly rated show. I believe that show was pretty accurate. The NFL said it was being portrayed in a negative light, I wonder what part of it did they claim was inaccurate? No gay closeted players, no wife beaters, no players who cheat on their wives, no players eating pain pills like candy, no one shooting steroids, no drug addicts?
Non-issue for me. Chances are you've gotten naked in front of gay men before and not even realized it.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Non-issue for me. Chances are you've gotten naked in front of gay men before and not even realized it.

All the time
49ers have HIGH character players for the most part and are believers in GOD from Willis to CK7 they would get Cruzified by media and some fans if they said what they really felt about this topic a reason why most of the league is quiet about its not acceptable imo.
Originally posted by SFTifoso:

he got one hell of a show then.
It's not the NFL but there you go. You got your gay athlete now we can go back to not caring about athlete's sex lives.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by hawker84:
didn't say scared, i said uncomfortable.. if you're saying you as a straight man wouldn't be uncomfortable with another male that might be sexually attracted to you , showering naked next to you, then i'd have to be a little skeptical...

No. I'd say you're still operating with a 1950s mentality. You can be straight and not give a s**t. If you do give a s**t... I'm a little skeptical of your straightness.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
If you're a homophobe, you're right at home in the NFL. Only NASCAR is more anti-LGBT.

Player from my celtics came out! Openly gay player in the nba! He is 34 at that. Im a straight man, and give him major props for his coming out. Imo took a lot of courage. Just to come out. Someone should not have to fear who they are. Just recently the government stopped their government forced discrimination. Dont ask dont tell.

Go celtics n GOOO NINERS
Originally posted by fan49:
Culliver got a trap question relax lol

Culliver's response to that was more an indictment of his lack of situational awareness, and maybe his intelligence quotient. The guy needs to stay away from the mic, and from twitter.
Originally posted by BobS:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Very similar situation
1:20, then 3:10, then 4:10.

Owner forces lone pro bowl player to go on IR to cover up the "situation"
Then the NFL gets spooked and forces ESPN to pull the show after one season.
That was weak. It was a highly rated show. I believe that show was pretty accurate. The NFL said it was being portrayed in a negative light, I wonder what part of it did they claim was inaccurate? No gay closeted players, no wife beaters, no players who cheat on their wives, no players eating pain pills like candy, no one shooting steroids, no drug addicts?

That show was great
I am not ready for the media talking about it 24/7
Share 49ersWebzone