There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Goldson signs with Bucs. 5 years.

He was mad how they treated Taylor mays
Originally posted by Afrikan:
"worth" is a subjective.

I think we could've got him for 6.5 - 7 mill a season early on.... 5 mil wasn't really his worth. I believe they say, you don't offer them a contract based on how they played...but how much you are expecting to play during their new deal..how they'll grow/improve.

Goldson was on his way up. His stock rose as the 2 years went by...PlayMaker to Probowler to finally All Pro.

We gambled.

Bottom line is they didn't want to sign him when his salary was manageable or now when they could have matched. I think the team respected his commitment and talent but they prioritized other positions.
"worth" is a subjective.

I think we could've got him for 6.5 - 7 mill a season early on.... 5 mil wasn't really his worth. I believe they say, you don't offer them a contract based on how they played...but how much you are expecting to play during their new deal..how they'll grow/improve.

Goldson was on his way up. His stock rose as the 2 years went by...PlayMaker to Probowler to finally All Pro.

We gambled.

No disrespect, but that's a pretty idiotic saying. In the NFL, players get paid based on performance. End.

By that logic, why didn't Cliff Avril get more money? What if he just walked in door wanting $15 mil plus per year because he "expects" to have 25 sacks this season?

A: Carroll would have laughed in his face, as he should.

I do agree that Harvin is high risk/high reward though. Kid has a world of talent. Hasn't taken full advantage of it yet, but maybe he just needed a change of scenery.

We'll see.
Aww man. Oh well, best of luck in another bay area, D.
I think Goldson got what he deserved but he just couldn't get it from us. The Bucs paid a premium but that is their problem
"worth" is a subjective.

We gambled.

PFF has one of the best rating systems out there for us fans. According to their valuation, Goldson was only worth 5-6 million a year. While I love Goldson's ability to make game changing plays, and I'll miss that, he also wasn't the brightest crayon in the box; and those mental mistakes cost us big at times. Still, I will always be fond of his time here, but we need to get better value for the sake of locking up guys like Kaep, Crabs, and Aldon. Our front office, rightfully so imo, chose to not pay a premium for Dashon.

He'll be on his couch watching us play into February.
I'm pretty sure we're not gonna miss him...except for the occassional big hit he delivered. Unfortunately, our secondary next year is probably gonna look HORRIBLE either way without a stout D-line to free up our LBs to create pressure. We gave up almost 30 points per game (29.7) over our last six games. Unless we upgrade and prepare our D-line for the future, our O will quickly become the trademark of our team. With Soaps and RJF already gone, it don't look good. Hopefully, we'll add through free agency and draft wisely to address this.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1562159-report-card-grades-for-2013-nfl-free-agent-signings/page/9 to ease your Goldson withdrawls...
He will bust in Tampa Bay