LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Goldson signs with Bucs. 5 years.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Yea props to Goldson. He put in a lot of good work. He got that check. I can't even be mad
I'm not as disappointed as some folks.. honestly, he was liability in coverage. He rarely made pass deflections. Yes, he hit hard. Yes he caught INTs right to him... but damn, I think we're all getting hyped about someone that is replaceable.
Yea props to Goldson. He put in a lot of good work. He got that check. I can't even be mad
I liked the guy a lot, great player. However, smart front office move.

Now I'm just scared who's gonna play alongside Whitner...
Tampa Bay's recipe for success on defense. Two strong safeties, but what was pass rush????
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I'm not as disappointed as some folks.. honestly, he was liability in coverage. He rarely made pass deflections. Yes, he hit hard. Yes he caught INTs right to him... but damn, I think we're all getting hyped about someone that is replaceable.

I couldnt disagree more. Goldson was a beast and will be missed.
One of my favorite Niners. But we dodged handing out a $40+ mil contract so that's good. I really hope we get Woodson one of my all time favorite players.
They overpaid big time for this kid. We can get the same production from someone else for a lot less money. He definitely is not worth that much mula. And I never really liked him as a Niner. End of story, glad to see him go.
What is all of this props to Goldson? Haha. He DESERVED 40+ million? Really? Lol. Get out of here.

No hate just being honest, I can see DG getting cut in about 2 years. That contract is one reason but just like Alex Smith, the new team is a shadow of your old team. The bad habits he got into doing here will be cause for much more scrutiny and criticism especially when they just paid the amount the did. I like DG so I hope I'm wrong but teams like TB that make a big cash investment on a guy and if after a couple years they're not really all that improved they usually start picking off the high dollar guys like DG and Vince Jackson. But I can't knock him for getting paid because I'd do the same thing myself. Although he did trade big money for a chance to win a ring I still can't knock him because a lot of guys do that in every sport.
Props to him for getting his payday. For nostalgias sake it would've been nice to get it done with the guys who were here when we came so close but thats just not reality.

I really feel he was like another LB out there, devistating hits made people worry about crossing the middle. I can't really recall him in coverage on a deep route for example. But then again, if you dont hear a DB's name during a game he's probably playing well because you're not seeing him get beat. So for what it's worth, I'll assume he played all aspects of the position at least above average and we're going to need to get an adequate replacement in there one way or another.
L
O
frickin
L
Good riddance.
Good luck DG and thanks for the memories.
Good luck DG and thanks for the memories.
Share 49ersWebzone