LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Goldson signs with Bucs. 5 years.

Shop 49ers game tickets
LOL @ pricetag
LOL @ pricetag
Good for him. Glad to know this team is not willing to break the bank for just one player.

As good as this team is, it got away (for too long) with basically no D-Line rotation, average CB's and arguably 2 strong safeties playing at the same time. It is time to fix it and get better.
thanks for the memories Goldie
Originally posted by daragon:
What is all of this props to Goldson? Haha. He DESERVED 40+ million? Really? Lol. Get out of here.

That's kinda the point. Maximize your money while you can in this league.
  • HIMYM
  • Veteran
Overpaid, no doubt. We need a cover safety anyways.
Originally posted by daragon:
What is all of this props to Goldson? Haha. He DESERVED 40+ million? Really? Lol. Get out of here.

he was voted the best at his position..... there is a reason he is getting that kind of money. He is in his prime. He stays on the field. And heck if they chose, he'll play an important role on Special Teams, if need be.

for those fans who obviously don't follow the team, and say they don't remember Goldson making plays on passes defending or INTS that were not thrown straight to him....LOL....keep being in denial.

i guess some forget that amazing TD preventing pass deflection he did against the Jets. or the numerous INTS in the endzone... or those amazing INTS against the Cards or the one he had against the Redskins last season.

Bucs had the money to spend and are in a division where they need his help. HATE all you want...lol...Bucs got a hell of a player in his prime.
Ed Reed money for Dashon Goldson production. A little rich.
Chasing the money and not a championship. Gotta do what you gotta do I guess.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
he was voted the best at his position..... there is a reason he is getting that kind of money. He is in his prime. He stays on the field. And heck if they chose, he'll play an important role on Special Teams, if need be.

for those fans who obviously don't follow the team, and say they don't remember Goldson making plays on passes defending or INTS that were not thrown straight to him....LOL....keep being in denial.

i guess some forget that amazing TD preventing pass deflection he did against the Jets. or the numerous INTS in the endzone... or those amazing INTS against the Cards or the one he had against the Redskins last season.

Bucs had the money to spend and are in a division where they need his help. HATE all you want...lol...Bucs got a hell of a player in his prime.

Those plays were great, but you also gotta remember him getting torched by Julio Jones in Atlanta or his late hit against the Rams that put them in FG position.to tie that game in St Louis.

It wasn't the lack of plays that didn't make him elite. It was the fact that for every good play he had, he also had a bad one. He's a good safety ... and if his asking price was what Glover Quin and William Moore got he would no doubt be back in a Niner uniform. But he wanted elite money ... and he got it .. just not from us, because the front office realizes he's not elite.

probably what earl thomas will want from seahawks next year so cant complain LMAO
Confirms what I thought, but was hoping I was wrong: Goldson would rather get paid than have a crack at a ring... Can't blame him I suppose but damn..
Good for Dashon. Bring on the replacement!
Peace out dude. Gonna miss those highlight reel hits.
Well in the end it looks like Goldson was right. He's worth more than $8 million a year on the open market. Who would have thought?
Share 49ersWebzone