LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

Goldson signs with Bucs. 5 years.

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by sacguy08:
Peace out dude. Gonna miss those highlight reel hits.

We'll be seeing more if that cause he will be on the field more now playing in Tampa. LOL!!!
  • jrg
  • Veteran

Originally posted by amg1713:
Those plays were great, but you also gotta remember him getting torched by Julio Jones in Atlanta or his late hit against the Rams that put them in FG position.to tie that game in St Louis.

It wasn't the lack of plays that didn't make him elite. It was the fact that for every good play he had, he also had a bad one. He's a good safety ... and if his asking price was what Glover Quin and William Moore got he would no doubt be back in a Niner uniform. But he wanted elite money ... and he got it .. just not from us, because the front office realizes he's not elite.

Agree. Way too many boneheaded plays to be considered elite. He's a big hitter, and can easily snatch a pick on an errant pass, I'll give him that. But I don't recall all these picks he got fighting the receiver for the ball (I'd love to see proof).

His main weakness is he too often looked for the big hit instead of making the smart play, which led to better WR's using his aggressiveness against him.

Solid player no doubt, but not worth the money. Baalke did the right thing by letting him walk.
[ Edited by baltien on Mar 13, 2013 at 2:58 PM ]
what an a*****e.
  • kent
  • Veteran
An intimidator like Goldson can help change the mentality of a young defense. Probably not an elite player but a very good safety who brings another level of physicality. Too expensive for the 49ers but might work out well for the Bucs. Wish him well.
Originally posted by SR49er:
Originally posted by sacguy08:
Peace out dude. Gonna miss those highlight reel hits.

We'll be seeing more if that cause he will be on the field more now playing in Tampa. LOL!!!

LOL, true that! And hooked up to an oxygen tank for the 12 minutes each game that he's not on the field.
As weak as he was in coverage...he will be missed.
i miss him already
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
money > winning

Well, if a competitor offered you twice what your job was paying you ...would you stay?
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
money > winning

Well, if a competitor offered you twice what your job was paying you ...would you stay?

Their job industry is different than your average person. Winning a Superbowl is the ultimate goal in football. He's already a millionaire. Now he's just more of a millionaire, instead of a millionaire with a ring.

Gonna miss him. He was a very good player for us. I don't blame him for taking the money.
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Their job industry is different than your average person. Winning a Superbowl is the ultimate goal in football. He's already a millionaire. Now he's just more of a millionaire, instead of a millionaire with a ring.

What planet do you live on? Most of these dudes are in it to get paid, point blank. Winning a Super Bowl is cool but I'd wager that's secondary to probably 99% of the players in the league.
[ Edited by baltien on Mar 13, 2013 at 5:13 PM ]
Perhaps this in a way helps us out. What will Earl Thomas be asking for when he begins seeking a new deal?
Originally posted by baltien:

What planet do you live on? Most of these dudes are in it to get paid, point blank. Winning a Super Bowl is cool but I'd wager that's secondary to probably 99% of the players in the league.

Those 1% are hall of famers.

just saying
Originally posted by InHarbsWeTrust:
money > winning

There is no guarantee that he'd get a ring had he chosen to remain with the 49ers.
Share 49ersWebzone