LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Ravens to Boldin: Accept The Pay Cut Or Be Released

Shop 49ers game tickets
Boldin is not a deep threat...

It's hilarious flacco took all the cap space and now is sticking up for Boldin, since his contract is why they need to restructure.
I was watching NFL AM ... then heard this from a Beat Reporter -- can't recall his name:
What a SLAP !!! In-the-Face (IMO) ... They can give Flacco 20+ million a season?, then turn around, and have The Nerve to
tell "Q', to take a 2 million dollar pay cut. I'm Really looking forward to the NFL 2013-14 Season, and ALL the subplots that are
due to unfold as a result of all the off-seasons moves.

edit:
Not advocating for him to be a 49er ... just noting, the NFL has it's loyalties misplaced; that's all.
[ Edited by FlayvaMeister on Mar 11, 2013 at 7:50 AM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
All I know is Boldin was that game's real MVP. Flacco played well but Boldin made the plays that came his way, not Flacco and this is the thanks he gets?

This BIG time.
Boldin is a redzone threat not a deep threat. He is a big physical WR not a burner.
He is a big time playmaker though.
Originally posted by JimA49ers:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
All I know is Boldin was that game's real MVP. Flacco played well but Boldin made the plays that came his way, not Flacco and this is the thanks he gets?

This BIG time.

This is so true.

However, in the business of the NFL, they pay, or should pay, for PROSPECTIVE value, not what a player has done in the past. So the Ravens are doing the right thing if they think that Boldin's skills are diminishing. If you pay to reward for past services, you'll mess up with the salary cap. One of the unfortunate aspects of having a salary cap, I suppose.

That said, the Raven did employ the REWARD model when it came to Flacco. No one can tell me that Flacco is the best QB in the business. frankly, call me crazy, but I'm more excited with Niners having Kaepernick. Yet they paid Flacco as if he was better than them all, based off a series of some fortunate games. They're making the right moves when it comes to Boldin, but capitutlating when it comes to Flacco. And it's messing with their salary cap, so great. This is what happens when you don't have a fall back. They have noone with even the remotest of skills behind Flacco, so no leverage. That's true of almost every team these days. And a team HAS to have a good QB.

I think teams would be smart to have a developmental guy at all times being groomed to step in. Stuff happens. Injuries, negotiating impasses, etc. The Patriots are kinda doing this, but their QB is also getting on. I'd like to see the Niners do this. Hoping they will. Draft that kid out of Arizona, or someone equivalent.
Bowe re-signed w/Chiefs for 5 years. Wallace will sign w/Miami for big bucks. Harvin...mad skills, but can't stay healthy and is a head-case, figuratively and literally. FWIW, Flacco did say he wants Boldin back, because he acknowledged they don't win the SB without him.
I would much rather have jump balls go to Boldin instead of Crabs but i understand him coming here is far fetched
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
What a nice gesture by the Ravens, after Boldin help win them a Super Bowl. But they give overrated Flacco $120 mil....WTF!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:
What a nice gesture by the Ravens, after Boldin help win them a Super Bowl. But they give overrated Flacco $120 mil....WTF!!!

QB's that win superbowls get big money. Flacco might not be worth the money but he's far from overrated.

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
How bout he signs with us instead

I was right.
Thank you, Ravens.
How bout he signs with us instead

I was right.

Good call
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Thank you, Ravens.

+1