LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 189 users in the forums

Ravens to Boldin: Accept The Pay Cut Or Be Released

Shop 49ers game tickets
Man, I didn't expect this to potentially get this ugly but the Ravens brass wants WR Anquan Boldin to accept a paycut worth 2 million dollars,or, get released and test the free agent market. Boldin pretty much won't accept the paycut. To make things really interesting, QB Joe Flacco stands by Boldin's decision to not accept the decrease in pay.

Dang, if a release happens I wonder if we have the dough to pay for his services. This guy would be nice as he is a deep threat weapon.
The money he'd make with the Ravens after the pay cut is still probably more than we'd be willing to pay him.
How bout he signs with us instead
Originally posted by robniner:
Man, I didn't expect this to potentially get this ugly but the Ravens brass wants WR Anquan Boldin to accept a paycut worth 2 million dollars,or, get released and test the free agent market. Boldin pretty much won't accept the paycut. To make things really interesting, QB Joe Flacco stands by Boldin's decision to not accept the decrease in pay.

Dang, if a release happens I wonder if we have the dough to pay for his services. This guy would be nice as he is a deep threat weapon.

Boldin is not a deep threat weapon. He usually works short and intermediate routes. I wouldn't want to sign him because we need someone with speed to get deep opposite Crabtree and Boldin is not that guy. IWe also have to watch what we pay a FA WR because Crabtree's comtract is coming up soon and he will expect alot if we overpay a FA WR.
All I know is Boldin was that game's real MVP. Flacco played well but Boldin made the plays that came his way, not Flacco and this is the thanks he gets?
Anquan Boldin better grab his nuts and say

Boldin a deep threat? Maybe redzone threat but I'm not overpaying for him, a year older
LOL...he has his ring...bet he says buh bye.
He's not a deep threat. He runs a 4.7. He's Crabtree but maybe even slower. Giving us 2 possession WR's and no deep threat.
Boldin pretty much put himself more in a hole by saying if the Ravens release him he will retire. So the Ravens want him but at a lower price.

It's all about the money. Get it where you can, I'm with the players.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Boldin has made enough money. I'd take pay cut in exchange for the chance to win another championship.
Originally posted by robniner:

I've seen this deep threat tag placed on Boldin by several posters here. What makes any of you think he is a deep threat? Please explain. He has the exact same skill set as Michael Crabtree, but at this point, Crabtree is better. He is a possession receiver, not a vertical threat. He doesn't have the speed to be a real deep threat. Crabtree will sometimes catch a deep ball, but that doesn't make him a deep threat. Basically, Boldin is an older version of what we already have. So if Crabtree is not a deep threat in SF, Boldin will not be, either.

These posts make me wonder if anyone actually watches any of the players discussed that are not on the Niners. It seems people just take what others on here say and assume it's truthful, then continue spreading the word.

Luckily, in this thread, most people know Boldin is Crabtree, but older and slower with less moves after the catch.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Mar 11, 2013 at 4:47 AM ]
Firstly, Bolden has said he will not play anywhere else, but will retire if they cant work something out, so I really doubt he ends up comming here of all places. But more importantly I find it fantastic that the enormous bank truck Flacco made that franchise pull up to his house is already running over his weapons. Now watch him sulk like a child because they "refuse" to put the kind of talent around him that he needs to succeed.
Why does the fanbase want anquan boldin ? I would rather take Harvin, Bowe, or even Wallace.
Share 49ersWebzone