There are 68 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Do You Want Delanie Walker Back?

Do You Want Delanie Walker Back?

nope. he has feet for hands
Yes.. he is a weapon on offense and our best ST player
Originally posted by Marvin49:
I honestly believe that anyone who doesn't want him back doesn't understand his role on the team. He's far more than the #2 TE.

agree
Yezzir!!
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Phoenix49ers would absolutely LOVE to have him back

Originally posted by susweel:

LOL, he treats every pass like a pass from Shaun Hill.

"But coach, it came down like a punt."
Yes. I'm not worried seeing him test the FA market though.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by susweel:

LOL, he treats every pass like a pass from Shaun Hill.

"But coach, it came down like a punt."

-Josh Morgan classic

more like he treats passes like Stewart Scott on the juggs machine!

idk but kaepernick throws that ball pretty frickin' hard though
if the price is right - then yes!!!
Originally posted by dyNASTYmode:
-Josh Morgan classic

more like he treats passes like Stewart Scott on the juggs machine!

idk but kaepernick throws that ball pretty frickin' hard though

Catch the ball!!!! Pretty good qb once yelled that at JJ Stokes. I love DW, but the guy needs to catch the ball. He can do everything except complete the play on targets to him. I would love to keep him, seeing him with a different team would be strange.
Yes at no more than a couple million a year. That's pushing it given his drops and fumbles.
He's an absolute beast on run-blocking. Having Walker/Miller out there, even with the threat of running a route, is far, far more dangerous than having Kilgore/Tukuafu out there to just run straight ahead and fall into the first opponent they see.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
he can block, he can not be counted on to catch the ball no matter how many "reps with the jugs gun" he has. he is the latest version of arnez battle on the webzone. highly over rated. it can not be that hard to find a tight end in the draft that can both run and block.since it is a very mangy year for free agents he may test the market and get some big money somewhere. someone will over pay for him, if not he can crawl back to us for a low salary. even i at that,, i am more than ok with him gone
Originally posted by 49ersGiants7:
Mixed feelings. We know the things he can do well, but he has awful hands and his presence takes away from the number of passes being thrown Vernon's way.

I agree with this analysis and he did put the team in some tough situations with the drops, although when he does catch the ball he does give the offense a big lift because of his speed. Very mixed, although I think big picture is that he will need to be much more consistent.
he's more valuable to this team than a lot of people realize.