LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 269 users in the forums

Do You Want Delanie Walker Back?

Shop 49ers game tickets

Do You Want Delanie Walker Back?

• Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Did I hear they are trying out Miller at TE?
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Morgan49:

"trying out" doesn't quite fit. They're forcing him to move to TE. There goes his career.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

"trying out" doesn't quite fit. They're forcing him to move to TE. There goes his career.

if he did not want to try it out he would quit. by all reports he is very open to the change and is working hard to make the team but of course you feel free to spin it in what ever way pleases you. oh and by the way in our new offense he does not have much of a career as a fullback.. and with lots of teams moving away from the full back it would be wise if he would try to learn a new position
Originally posted by cciowa:

if he did not want to try it out he would quit. by all reports he is very open to the change and is working hard to make the team but of course you feel free to spin it in what ever way pleases you. oh and by the way in our new offense he does not have much of a career as a fullback.. and with lots of teams moving away from the full back it would be wise if he would try to learn a new position

We will end up cutting him and he will do well at FB for another team.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
We will end up cutting him and he will do well at FB for another team.

If having a productive offense means getting rid of a fullback no matter how beloved he is. i am fine with it. the niners are giving him a chance to still make the team so we shall see.

Its actually a smart decision by him. More money to be made as a TE than 1 of the 4 FB left in the NFL
  • Morgy
  • Hey bud, what’s your problem?
Originally posted by teylo31:

Its actually a smart decision by him. More money to be made as a TE than 1 of the 4 FB left in the NFL

Fullback to TE? Miller seems to have OK hands, but running routes, finding the open areas? Hope he can do it.
He'd be one of our better offensive players but without a QB we ain't doing s**t
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Fullback to TE? Miller seems to have OK hands, but running routes, finding the open areas? Hope he can do it.

coaches are idiots. Just gonna ruin him, send him into obscurity while he rides the bench and comes in for the occasional 60 yard seam route.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

coaches are idiots. Just gonna ruin him, send him into obscurity while he rides the bench and comes in for the occasional 60 yard seam route.
excuse the hell out of the coaches for having a system where the fullback is not important. i guess they should have checked with you first to see if you were ok with the system they would be bringing to the table. you should be happy that the coaches are trying to find a place for a good football player and you should be happy that miller has been more than open to this change in the hopes of making the team.. but of course not by the way a fullback in the nfl is pretty close to obscurity now but whatever

Share 49ersWebzone