LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 272 users in the forums

Atlanta getting new billion dollar stadium

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
waste of moneys
Dang. I'm old. I remember when the Georgia Dome was the new Falcon stadium. House that Prime built.
If Arthur Blank use Homedepot building matierials which he owns, it won't last the next 20 years
[ Edited by 16to87 on Mar 9, 2013 at 6:41 AM ]
Originally posted by 16to87:
If Arthur Blank use Homedepot building matierials which he owns, it won't last the next 20 years

How else do you explain 2 stadiums in 20 years
As well as half a billion on renovations the last 5 years.
He's spending the money buying his supplies.
Its rare to see a dome team switch over to outdoors.

Usually its either weather mandated, or becomes too much a part of the teams identity to change (Colts).
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Atlanta just Frickr'd our Santa Clara stadium.
Why does it seem like baseball stadiums last way longer than football stadiums do?

Turner Field and Coors Field opened around the same time as the Georgia Dome, and both seem like theyre good for another 25-30 years.

Theres nothing wrong with the Georgia Dome, its a waste to tear it down already.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
Why does it seem like baseball stadiums last way longer than football stadiums do?

Turner Field and Coors Field opened around the same time as the Georgia Dome, and both seem like theyre good for another 25-30 years.

Theres nothing wrong with the Georgia Dome, its a waste to tear it down already.

there about twice the size is the only thing I can come up with. but then again there is like 6 times as many games.
I own my own business, just one employee - me. I travel extensively - 38 states last year.

Atlanta is a great city and their local government works very well with them.

My gut tells me that someone is getting a payoff.
Share 49ersWebzone