There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Von Miller: Broncos will win the Super Bowl

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9019241&top&wjb=


Any objections?
welp, that settles it. Lets just play for the #1 pick. Clowney!
Originally posted by robniner:
http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=9019241&top&wjb=


Any objections?

Vegas: 9ers and Broncos are on top with the lowest odds to win the SB for 2013 season.
Well, they should try winning their division 1st then the AFC and then, maybe then they beat the NFC representative
Wow, an NFL player predicting in the off-season that his team will win the Super Bowl. There's a shocker.
k
Originally posted by sacguy08:
Wow, an NFL player predicting in the off-season that his team will win the Super Bowl. There's a shocker.

This. What do you want him to say? " I think we go 9/7 and barely miss the playoffs!" That will go over well.
Hey man, he saw how Ray Ray's drama queen act went over and worked for the Ravens AKA Team of Destiny. He figures he will give it a shot too. Maybe the media buys in and can somehow change the narrative on the season and influence the outcome of the games?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 15,190
"It wasn't based on me feeling cocky or me coming in with just a bogus guarantee," Miller said. "I was actually motivated because my cousin had just recently got in a car accident and had got out of a coma and out of all the things they were trying to teach him, out of all the things they were trying to get him to remember, one thing that he did remember is that he had a cousin named Von Miller that played for the Denver Broncos.

"And it just put a lot into perspective for me. It really hit home for me and I was already motivated to play football before, I already loved playing football before but when it's somebody else involved, when you're doing something for somebody else it, always makes it a lot more special and it puts a little bit of motivation behind it."

Miller believes plenty of his teammates will agree, in part because every player believes his team can win it all.

"I don't think it's a successful season if you don't win the Super Bowl," Miller said. "The only way you can have a successful season is there is only one team at the end of the season that can leave with a win, and that's the Super Bowl champions. That's certainly what I want to be, and I don't see why we can't get it done. It's a lot of stiff competition in the NFL, especially with all the changes that we have in our division now but I think we still are a great team. I still think we have a lot of great guys on our team. And I think we have a great chance and I feel like if you ask any of the guys in my locker room they'll jump right along with me."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/05/von-miller-explains-his-super-bowl-guarantee/
You just jinxed yourself Von Miller. You will win nothing.
Thats nice,
  • Ether
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,500
Originally posted by Jcool:
"It wasn't based on me feeling cocky or me coming in with just a bogus guarantee," Miller said. "I was actually motivated because my cousin had just recently got in a car accident and had got out of a coma and out of all the things they were trying to teach him, out of all the things they were trying to get him to remember, one thing that he did remember is that he had a cousin named Von Miller that played for the Denver Broncos.

"And it just put a lot into perspective for me. It really hit home for me and I was already motivated to play football before, I already loved playing football before but when it's somebody else involved, when you're doing something for somebody else it, always makes it a lot more special and it puts a little bit of motivation behind it."

Miller believes plenty of his teammates will agree, in part because every player believes his team can win it all.

"I don't think it's a successful season if you don't win the Super Bowl," Miller said. "The only way you can have a successful season is there is only one team at the end of the season that can leave with a win, and that's the Super Bowl champions. That's certainly what I want to be, and I don't see why we can't get it done. It's a lot of stiff competition in the NFL, especially with all the changes that we have in our division now but I think we still are a great team. I still think we have a lot of great guys on our team. And I think we have a great chance and I feel like if you ask any of the guys in my locker room they'll jump right along with me."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/05/von-miller-explains-his-super-bowl-guarantee/
That basically guarantees it. NFL loves a good sob story.
I live in Colorado Springs, so all we hear is Broncos...and yes, it gets nauseating. The Denver media is truly ate-up. I'd agree they're a good ball club...but they're one hit away from their season going up in smoke. I love watching Peyton play...always have. But, Elway spent $95M on an aging, increasingly injury prone QB in the hopes he can lead them to the promised land. He might. But, despite all his MVP's and overall elite play, he's won 1 SB in his career, and that was against the vaunted Rex Grossman of Da Bears. So, as irritating as Miller's "guarantee" they'll win the SB is, I'd be surprised if it actually happened. The AFC West figures to be tougher next season, with new coaching staffs in KC and SD. Even the Raiders figure to improve as Coach Allen/GM McKenzie weed out the mediocre players and replace them with better talent. Until Denver figures out a way to beat NE, Baltimore, Houston, et al, they'll be doing good to advance beyond the 1st rd of the playoffs.
Unless Peyton Manning finds a fastball, no way.
Cool story bro