There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Looks like the Eagles played themselves with Nick Foles

ESPN's Adam Schefter stated on SportsCenter that the Alex Smith deal "squashes" the notion of a Nick Foles-to-Kansas City trade.We wonder if Philly overplayed its hand here. The Eagles openly claimed Foles was available only for a first- or second-round pick, despite his obviously poor fit under Chip Kelly. If the Eagles are going to trade Foles -- and Schefter reported "people around the league" still believe they will -- they may have to settle for a third- or fourth-rounder after alienating his likeliest suitor. Feb 27 - 2:12 PM

Suckers
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
He's not even close to Kevin Kolb and Kevin Kolb sucks. I don't know why any team would trade more than a 7th for the guy, he's done nothing in the NFL.
Hahaha damn it feels good being a Bay Area sports fan ah! My baseball team is always winning, and the 49ers will soon hoist a 6th Lombardi. We got it GOOD.
Foles gold
Probably won't be in the league in 2-3 years.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

lol yeah i laughed.
But on topic the eagles did screw themeselves he's not that good otherwise anyone who can throw and complete more pass than vick would have been the starter and that's not hard to do. Andy made the right choice shall the eagles would rip him off for a backup qb and if he's going to pay those prices he might as well get a qb who is a starter in this league.
i'm sure the chiefs would have given up a 3 or 4 for foles. the eagles should have taken what they can bc foles doesn't fit in chip kelly's offense. dennis dixon will beat him out as the no.2 qb bc chip probably feels more confident with dixon running the offense instead of foles. i'm not complainiing bc baalke managed to get two high picks for smith.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

if we are just going off his 5 starts last season I'd think he could develop into a solid starter for someone. Won't be the Chiefs, I doubt Arizona would trade for another Eagles QB... but he clearly has some talent.
Well we do need a backup QB.
I pity the fole
[ Edited by susweel on Feb 28, 2013 at 7:54 PM ]
Originally posted by susweel:
I pity the fole

Haha
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Foles gold

LOL!
a 2nd or 3rd for foles...bahahahaha he didnt do sh*t with his starts haha
Originally posted by DVDA:
He's not even close to Kevin Kolb and Kevin Kolb sucks. I don't know why any team would trade more than a 7th for the guy, he's done nothing in the NFL.

You don't seem to understand how these things work. It's all about potential. How is he worth a 7th when he was drafted in the 3rd round the year before? I don't understand the knock on the guy. He came into a dysfunctional team and outplayed the vet (Vick). His numbers are respectable for a rookie.
[ Edited by InHarbsWeTrust on Mar 1, 2013 at 3:57 AM ]