LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

I guess the NFL really want Ray Lewis to go out on top!!!!

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
"I guarantee if there's a statline out there stating on the very last play how many PI's there are called I'd bet it'd be way lower then no calls."

Im asking if you are insinuating this? If not, you are not making sense.

Yes that's what I'm saying. There would be less PI calls then there would be no calls. Meaning less PI's, more no calls.
[ Edited by Kaep4MVP on Feb 4, 2013 at 3:42 AM ]
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Not a great game for the refs, but this one is on the D.

Agreed. Look at the body of the game, not one missed call. Our D got creamed. It's been getting creamed for the last 5-7 games. We gave up huge points against New England, against Seattle, against Atlanta and finally, against Baltimore. Were there missed calls? Of course. How many times did you see a Ravens player slap one of our own. Should have been 15 yards on each infraction. I saw at least three. Didn't get one farking call.

But it didn't cost us the game. We got slapped around. And we got beat because our D failed us.

Like I tell everyone else, we rallied back into the game. Therefore the lost did not come from early game mistakes. There is no "mistake free game". Like the saying goes " its not how you start, but how you respond".
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
"I guarantee if there's a statline out there stating on the very last play how many PI's there are called I'd bet it'd be way lower then no calls."

Im asking if you are insinuating this? If not, you are not making sense.

Yes that's what I'm saying. There would be less PI calls then there would be no calls. Meaning less PI's, more no calls.

"PI's there are called I'd bet it'd be way lower then no calls"

It sounds like you are saying there would be more calls. But either or, A hold in the 1st quarter should be a hold in the 4th with 1:45 left. Now where is that in the rule book? "Let them play and call less calls when the game is on the line". Is that safe? C'mon man. You are sounding like a ghost Ravens fan trying to justify your team.
LOL!! Greeny just mentioned that their should have been more time. Whether it was through the hold, or the tackle.

It sounds like you are saying there would be more calls. But either or, A hold in the 1st quarter should be a hold in the 4th with 1:45 left. Now where is that in the rule book? "Let them play and call less calls when the game is on the line". Is that safe? C'mon man. You are sounding like a ghost Ravens fan trying to justify your team.

It's always been that way, never said that it should. I thought it was a 50/50 call, I didn't think it was that big of a deal that it was a no call. Terrible play call.

And just because I'm not willing to make excuses for my team just because we lost doesn't make me a Ravens fan. I love the Niners just as much as anyone in here, but I'm not going to watch the game with an agenda that any call that doesn't go my way is automatically a bad call.
Guys...Raven PSL (and before that, BALTIMORE COLT season tix), holder here.
It was a great game from a viewers standpoint. Sucks from yours, I know.
Cograts on a great season and on having a team that will be a force for the next few years. I watched a lot of CK7 when he was at Nevada, and felt sure it was just a matter of time and opportunity for him to become a star in the NFL. You have a bright, bright future in SF football.
That being said.....
The "no-calls/bad calls" looked pretty even. There was no flag on Flacco's long pass to T. Smith early, where there was CLEARLY an arm bar by the SF DB. There was no flag on the out-of-bounds hit on the Flacco run. There were no flags thrown on the SF O-line for holding (multiple plays)......So yeah, the Refs missed (or chose not to call) penalties on the Ravens....AND on the 49'ers. It is no different than Atlanta fans seeing the replay of the 4th down play in the Championship game and scratching their head at THAT no-call. ATL fans will make the case that the 49'ers shouldn't have even been IN the SB if that play is correctly called.
Point is, those calls didn't cost you the game. Getting down by 22 in the first half did.
From where I sit, I believe the 49'ers will be back in the SB well before the Ravens. We have a transition coming up where the changing of the guard is unavoidable.
Good luck, and many in Baltimore will be pulling for your team.
LOL!! Greeny just mentioned that their should have been more time. Whether it was through the hold, or the tackle.

If he can find anything in the rule book saying so then I don't mind saying I'm wrong. But I just read through the rule book and saw nothing of the sort.

It's always been that way, never said that it should. I thought it was a 50/50 call, I didn't think it was that big of a deal that it was a no call. Terrible play call.

And just because I'm not willing to make excuses for my team just because we lost doesn't make me a Ravens fan. I love the Niners just as much as anyone in here, but I'm not going to watch the game with an agenda that any call that doesn't go my way is automatically a bad call.

No, i provided facts. You are providing opinions. No answer this question........... How could that play possibly be no big deal? According to the rules or PI?

If he can find anything in the rule book saying so then I don't mind saying I'm wrong. But I just read through the rule book and saw nothing of the sort.

I showed you where your own response shows this. And on a side note, had not the hold happened, they would not have run 6 more seconds off of the clock. So how can you say the refs not intervening did not change anything?
No, i provided facts. You are providing opinions. No answer this question........... How could that play possibly be no big deal? According to the rules or PI?

I don't think the ref would've been in the wrong for calling holding or PI and I don't think he would've been in the wrong for calling a no call. It's much easier to look at a play 20 times in slo-mo to determine what it is. It's much harder live and I thought it was 50/50 looking at it live.

I showed you where your own response shows this. And on a side note, had not the hold happened, they would not have run 6 more seconds off of the clock. So how can you say the refs not intervening did not change anything?

Where does it show that holding resets the clock? I don't see it.

And it doesn't matter if the hold hadn't happened. Holding is a flag, but it doesn't reset the clock. It was just a very smart play by the Ravens. They knew the rules and they took advantage of it. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw a rule change stating "you cannot commit a penalty to kill clock." But as of right now, there is no rule like that.

I don't think the ref would've been in the wrong for calling holding or PI and I don't think he would've been in the wrong for calling a no call. It's much easier to look at a play 20 times in slo-mo to determine what it is. It's much harder live and I thought it was 50/50 looking at it live.

True, but its his job to intervene and make this call regardless. Like I said, the hold provided 6 more seconds.
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
Originally posted by sspiker:
Refs didn't cost us anything. Shut this ridiculous crap down. We don't want to act like Falcons fans here.

this. everyone needs to stop crying over this bs. our team doesnt play two halves of football, ever. and our secondary is garbage. has nothing to do with the refs

The refs sure didn't help since we almost had it. If we weren't ass raped by the officials our team did well enough to win.
True, but its his job to intervene and make this call regardless. Like I said, the hold provided 6 more seconds.

What do you mean? There's no way the DB held Crabtree for 6 seconds.

Where does it show that holding resets the clock? I don't see it.

And it doesn't matter if the hold hadn't happened. Holding is a flag, but it doesn't reset the clock. It was just a very smart play by the Ravens. They knew the rules and they took advantage of it. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw a rule change stating "you cannot commit a penalty to kill clock." But as of right now, there is no rule like that.

The rule said that an official can stop play due to a foul imediately (not a direct quote)
Share 49ersWebzone