There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I guess the NFL really want Ray Lewis to go out on top!!!!

Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
I am human too. But when I made mistakes that cannot be fixed on my job, I did not get "human error" passes.

That's because you're probably not a ref.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
Hold the refs accountable man, when Seattle beat Green Bay off of a bad call all hell broke loose, and that was with inferior refs. Now when the regular refs miss obvious calls all game long, it's we need to gameplan and play better defense. We did gameplan... and that's why we came back in the second half. We did player better defense... in the second half. The game is played in quaters, and halfs for a reason. Hold the refs accountable man... their hands were all over this game.

Amen!
It really would have made no difference, but how do flags for holding not get thrown on the last punt?
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
Well then you'd be the rare part of the consensus in this forum.

50/50 call, went the other way. Nothing we could do. We got outplayed and lost. Sucks, but it happened.

There's nothing "50/50" about it. The defender was holding his arms (bear hugging him basically) beyond five years and through Crabs' attempt to make the catch. Also, at no point did he look back for the ball. By literal interpretation of the rule, that is holding (and PI).

Though, I agree with your last statement. We should have played much better and we did not. But none of that makes me feel better about about the refs blowing the call when it happened right in front of his face.
[ Edited by baltien on Feb 4, 2013 at 6:51 AM ]
Where does the rulebook state that a crisp route will translate to a better call? A hold is a hold is a hold is a hold. Boldin ran a mediocre route and got the call. What happened there? Hell ...Do OLB's "ask to be held by LT's and dont get the call too"? You are subscribing to some of the most silly reasoning.

It's not a rule. Never said it was. But if Crabtree didn't take a terrible route he could've went for the ball. Terrible route plain and simple. Cris Carter said the same exact thing. I think I'll believe the HOFer.

If its not a rule then what leg do you have to stand on as far as your arguement? We are debating a violation here and NOT unwriiten rules.Oh I forgot Carter couldnt be wrong. And again, its obvious that you get the point, but pride and stubborness is your issue. Regardless to his route, the ball was catchable. And remember, you are speculating whether or not he could catch the ball based on HIS MOMENTUM AND SPEED BEING IMPEPED BY ANOTHER GROWN MAN. You went from "first contact", to "its the end of the game" and now to the Chris Carter excuse? You are desperate. You are right I give up.
If its not a rule then what leg do you have to stand on as far as your arguement? We are debating a violation here and NOT unwriiten rules.Oh I forgot Carter couldnt be wrong. And again, its obvious that you get the point, but pride and stubborness is your issue. Regardless to his route, the ball was catchable. And remember, you are speculating whether or not he could catch the ball based on HIS MOMENTUM AND SPEED BEING IMPEPED BY ANOTHER GROWN MAN. You went from "first contact", to "its the end of the game" and now to the Chris Carter excuse? You are desperate. You are right I give up.

^Listen to this man.
Originally posted by baltien:
There's nothing "50/50" about it. The defender was holding his arms (bear hugging him basically) beyond five years and through Crabs' attempt to make the catch. By literal interpretation of the rule, that is holding (and PI).

Though, I agree with your last statement. We should have played much better and we did not. But none of that makes me feel about about the refs blowing the call when it happened right in front of his face.

When I saw it live I thought it was 50/50. It's much easier to look at it in slo-mo 20 times and make a decision. But it was 50/50 live and it went the other way and it really really sucks. But I can't complain about something like that. I'll complain about something we could've controlled, which was the playcalling. Which was terrible.
I am human too. But when I made mistakes that cannot be fixed on my job, I did not get "human error" passes.

That's because you're probably not a ref.

Tell me Ravens fan, what good is a Ref that is inefficient?

I had always said what Cris Carter had said. I said if Crabtree hadn't ran right into the defender and ran a good route he would've had a good chance to make the catch. And I had already said that live it was a 50/50 call and yes it was a flag if you look at it in slo-mo. It was 50/50 live and as A Niner fan it sucks, but I'm not going to be bias.
Originally posted by baltien:
There's nothing "50/50" about it. The defender was holding his arms (bear hugging him basically) beyond five years and through Crabs' attempt to make the catch. By literal interpretation of the rule, that is holding (and PI).

Though, I agree with your last statement. We should have played much better and we did not. But none of that makes me feel about about the refs blowing the call when it happened right in front of his face.

When I saw it live I thought it was 50/50. It's much easier to look at it in slo-mo 20 times and make a decision. But it was 50/50 live and it went the other way and it really really sucks. But I can't complain about something like that. I'll complain about something we could've controlled, which was the playcalling. Which was terrible.

Playcalling was explained. Crabtree had the mismatch. They had 8 or 9 in the box anticipating Gore.
Tell me Ravens fan, what good is a Ref that is inefficient?

Oh god. Sorry for being unbias and not agreeing with you. Jesus Christ. A ref that is inefficient is probably a regular ref. I don't think any of the refs are efficient. Always been that way.
Playcalling was explained. Crabtree had the mismatch. They had 8 or 9 in the box anticipating Gore.

Throw a slant. Not a fade that Kaepernick didn't have time to throw.
I was at the game and losing felt like a girl friend breaking up with you.

Coming home to see all the non calls made in Ravens favor is like finding out the girl friend was cheating on you the whole time you were together.

I had always said what Cris Carter had said. I said if Crabtree hadn't ran right into the defender and ran a good route he would've had a good chance to make the catch. And I had already said that live it was a 50/50 call and yes it was a flag if you look at it in slo-mo. It was 50/50 live and as A Niner fan it sucks, but I'm not going to be bias.

Ok, so was It a PI ?
Ok, so was It a PI ?

Yep. PI or a hold could've been called. Live I thought it was 50/50.
[ Edited by Kaep4MVP on Feb 4, 2013 at 6:58 AM ]