There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I guess the NFL really want Ray Lewis to go out on top!!!!

• Tical
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
This was a team loss. When you dig yourself a 17 or 22 point hole, like the last two games, you are going to eventually lose. Defense was bad last night. That was not a top 5 or 10 defense. Calls go both ways. On Vernon Davis' 4th quarter drop, one of the interior OL grabbed and pulled the jersey of a DT, who had broken free. It was a clear holding call, and would have probably killed that drive. The refs were letting them play last night.

YEP. And on the Ravens last drive 3rd and 1 Flacco got flushed out the pocket, threw it away and was clearly hit late out of bounds with no call.
Originally posted by baltien:
The ref didn't call it, exactly. That was my only point. Now where was Pereira and his infallible knowledge of the rule book on that?

Oh that's right. Silent as a mouse. Which only helps to prove my point.

He's very selective about what he comments on and when he does speak on something, it is always in support of the league.

Yeah, the refs didn't call it. Again, not a big deal.

Mike Pereira's opinion:

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira
In the melee, 29 is lucky he did not get flagged and easily could have been ejected. He shoved the Linesman.

Originally posted by Mookster:
Originally posted by Kaep4MVP:
Mike Peirera the king of offical rulebook felt it was a good no call.

of course he did. Whats the scandal like if he steps up and says it was a blown call? Anyone ask him about the hold on Jacobys return? or the hit on the ref? or what the ruling would be for offensive holding in the end zone?

Exactly. He's there to massage the controversy, and pretty much ignores anything that he knows damn well is wrong.

As an aside, I've never heard of "Oh I thought it was a player" being a valid excuse for shoving a ref.

Just Smith didnt get that credit last year.
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Really Mike Peirera? This dude is notorious for backing up calls but reasons that are not in the rulebook. You have to do better than that.

I really don't. It was a fun game, officials weren't the cause for the final score and we just lost. Terrible playcalling was a big reason.

Wrong. You can deny and go against the evidence, but you are clearly ignoring facts in your denial

Mike Pereira's opinion:

Quote:
In the melee, 29 is lucky he did not get flagged and easily could have been ejected. He shoved the Linesman.

Surprised to see that. No problem saying I'm wrong there. Still, you never see him challenge controversial calls like the hold on Crabs last night.
The ref didn't call it, exactly. That was my only point. Now where was Pereira and his infallible knowledge of the rule book on that?

Oh that's right. Silent as a mouse. Which only helps to prove my point.

He's very selective about what he comments on and when he does speak on something, it is always in support of the league.

Mike Pereira's opinion:

Justin Smith was ejected last year for this. We are asking for consistency. Call it the same way on both sides.
Just Smith didnt get that credit last year.

Wrong. You can deny and go against the evidence, but you are clearly ignoring facts in your denial

Where am I denying facts? Because I thought it was a 50/50 call on PI? Because you misread the nfl rule book on the gameclock?

Cris Carter said the exact same thing I said about Crabtree running into the DB and initiating contact. Again, just because he initiated contact doesn't mean it wasn't PI or a hold, but it was just a bad play by Crabtree and might've gotten the call if he would've released to the edge earlier.
Justin Smith was ejected last year for this. We are asking for consistency. Call it the same way on both sides.

I agree. I don't think they should be ejected for it unless it's really bad. Wouldn't have been surprised to see 29 get flagged for pushing the ref, he didn't, and I didn't think it was a big deal. But yes consistency should be key.
Surprised to see that. No problem saying I'm wrong there. Still, you never see him challenge controversial calls like the hold on Crabs last night.

I see what you're saying. IMO it was 50/50 and could've been called either way. I wish it was called the other way lol but it wasn't and I'm not going to get pissed at that. I'm much more pissed at the playcalling in general and our team coming out lethargic and not playing Niner football.
Originally posted by Tical:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
This was a team loss. When you dig yourself a 17 or 22 point hole, like the last two games, you are going to eventually lose. Defense was bad last night. That was not a top 5 or 10 defense. Calls go both ways. On Vernon Davis' 4th quarter drop, one of the interior OL grabbed and pulled the jersey of a DT, who had broken free. It was a clear holding call, and would have probably killed that drive. The refs were letting them play last night.

YEP. And on the Ravens last drive 3rd and 1 Flacco got flushed out the pocket, threw it away and was clearly hit late out of bounds with no call.

Ok, do you all want to go no call for no and see if it came down to "letting them play"? And if that is the way they will call the game, whne do they draw the line? Does Smith have to tackle Crabtree for it to be PI? How do the players know that the refs will "let them play"?
Players get ejected for barely touching a ref. this guy shoved a ref blatently out of the way.

But the ravens are known for getting away with murder right
Ok, do you all want to go no call for no and see if it came down to "letting them play"? And if that is the way they will call the game, whne do they draw the line? Does Smith have to tackle Crabtree for it to be PI? How do the players know that the refs will "let them play"?

See how the refs have been calling it all game and adjust accordingly.

And on the last play of the game just run everybody the f**k over and catch the ball lol
[ Edited by Kaep4MVP on Feb 4, 2013 at 5:49 AM ]
I see what you're saying. IMO it was 50/50 and could've been called either way. I wish it was called the other way lol but it wasn't and I'm not going to get pissed at that. I'm much more pissed at the playcalling in general and our team coming out lethargic and not playing Niner football.

I don't disagree that we played like crap the first half. We missed several opportunities in the second half as well.

Still, I hate to see games decided on blown calls. I'd have no arguments if we just got flat out beat but that's not what happened. We were down, but battled all the way back only to lose because in that moment, for whatever reason, the refs suddenly
decided to "just let them play."

We lost. Ok, whatever fine. But why we lost doesn't make much sense to me right now.

I agree. I don't think they should be ejected for it unless it's really bad. Wouldn't have been surprised to see 29 get flagged for pushing the ref, he didn't, and I didn't think it was a big deal. But yes consistency should be key.

Or what about the helmet to helmet or the last drive on Crabs? What about the slaps in the helmet? What about the obvious holds grabbing outside of the pads? If you are going to call a loose game, shouldnt both teams be notified?

See how the refs have been calling it all game and adjust accordingly.

And on the last play of the game just run everybody the f**k over and catch the ball lol

Crabtree tried. Wasn't for lack of effort. I just wonder if Roman will be regretting not giving the ball to Gore on a zone-read type play.
Everyone is focused on that last drive and the no-call, but there were a LOT of issues with the refs this game. In the first quarter, a Raven threw a straight punch to Joe Staley's face - and no 15 yard penalty? Then shortly after, #29 two hand shoved a REF!! And no penalty....Now if I recall correctly, that is an automatic ejection...as in it's not even the ref's discretion...but a flag wasn't even thrown.

So how much money did the refs have riding on the Ravens to win, if they were willing to take a shove?