LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 202 users in the forums

Skip Bayless on Tebow and the 49ers

Shop 49ers game tickets
I love Skip. I wish I could make a living based on pissing off people all the time.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Wow,. I didnt know that Mike Vick had "ZERO" value at QB in Atlanta. I guess the THREE Pro Bowls and TWO Playoff wins dont count. Good to know.

His value was as a rusher, not as a passer in Atlanta. Pro Bowls don't really mean anything, its mostly a popularity contest and Vick was the most popular player in the league. No first or second team all pros for Vick.

Michael Vick passing in the playoffs: 2002: 35 for 63 (55%) for 391 yards (5.9 y/a) with 1 TD and 2 INT's 2004: 23 for 40 (57%) for 218 yards (5.4 y/a) with 2 TD's and 1 INT.

He lead a big underdog team to a playoff win IN Green Bay in the playoffs. As for the Pro Bowl, the players and coaches count for 2/3 of the vote. Bottom line is... Mike Vick actually DID have value as a QB. Obviously the jail time and injuries have derailed his career. Tim Tebow has none. He couldnt even get playing time behind Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy. That should tell you everything you need to know.
He sure knows how to piss people off.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Wrong! Can't believe he gets paid to say s*** like that.

You shouldn't be. Every time he makes a retarded statement it's spread around the internet and talked about all day. Thus justifying his paycheck.
Originally posted by Janitor:
You're just trolling right? You aren't being serious about Tebow - Kaepernick comparisons....right?

Kaep is the much better QB, I just happen to believe with proper coaching Tebow could be a good NFL QB.

This is a joke
[ Edited by DynastyChile on Jan 25, 2013 at 1:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
wouldn't mind Tebow as a backup once we trade Alex. Tebow in the pistol would be interesting!

Watching a retarded and slower version of something that we already run isn't interesting
Skip Bayless is a dumba$$. What does he know about anything? He $ucks donkey.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
He lead a big underdog team to a playoff win IN Green Bay in the playoffs. As for the Pro Bowl, the players and coaches count for 2/3 of the vote. Bottom line is... Mike Vick actually DID have value as a QB. Obviously the jail time and injuries have derailed his career. Tim Tebow has none. He couldnt even get playing time behind Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy. That should tell you everything you need to know.

Atlanta had 44 rushes in that game for 192 yards.
Y r we worried about a guy who played 50 snaps this season and couldnt start over Mark Sanchez

Atlanta had 44 rushes in that game for 192 yards.

I guess the fact that they were ahead 24-0 and ran the ball most of the 2nd half doesnt matter. LOL

Whatever. You are just being ridiculous now. Lets see if there is greater demand for Vick or Tebow going forward.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
I guess the fact that they were ahead 24-0 and ran the ball most of the 2nd half doesnt matter. LOL

Whatever. You are just being ridiculous now. Lets see if there is greater demand for Vick or Tebow going forward.

Skip sucks so not worried about him.
Originally posted by Squidp:
Originally posted by matt49er:
Skip Bayless has such a man crush on Tebow! I wouldn't even want Tebow on our team as the #3 QB or as an experimental RB/FB/TE or whatever, just not worth the circus. Has he even watch Kaep throw? Tebow cannot pass for crap and is nothing close to Alex Smith let along Colin Kaepernick

Now show the end of the play where one is a strike and the other is an incomplete pass

If someone in the stands catches it then its still an unofficial catch!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Skip has hated the Niners since the beginning of time. He used to a beat writer in Chicago back in the early 90s...hated the Niners then because the Niners would pound the hell out of the Bears (Ditka-Harbaugh). He eventually moved to the Bay Area in the late 90s and trolled the Niners against the Raiders every week.
Share 49ersWebzone