There are 60 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Skip Bayless on Tebow and the 49ers

• Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
He made him into a good college QB. BIG difference. He is limited in virtually every aspect needed to be a quality NFL QB. Not great arm strength, terrible mechanics, not really fast, or reading defenses.

In a college spread where his team had elite athletes and had a big advantage over the teams he played he was good. Talk to anyone that saw him come out of college and they will tell you that Urban Meyers did nothing to help him with his QB skills to play at the next level.

He has a strong arm, problem for him is accuracy, which is why he needs coaching... Which i'm not sure he has ever really gotten in the NFL. Michael Vick came into the league not able to read defenses, was terriblely inaccurate and had a horrible work ethic and no one tried to turn him into a TE/HB
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 25, 2013 at 11:40 AM ]
wouldn't mind Tebow as a backup once we trade Alex. Tebow in the pistol would be interesting!
Originally posted by Jcool:
He made him into a good college QB. BIG difference. He is limited in virtually every aspect needed to be a quality NFL QB. Not great arm strength, terrible mechanics, not really fast, or reading defenses.

In a college spread where his team had elite athletes and had a big advantage over the teams he played he was good. Talk to anyone that saw him come out of college and they will tell you that Urban Meyers did nothing to help him with his QB skills to play at the next level.

He has a strong arm, problem for him is accuracy, which is why he needs coaching... Which i'm not sure he has ever really gotten in the NFL. Michael Vick came into the league not able to read defenses, was terriblely inaccurate and had a horrible work ethic and no one tried to turn him into a TE/HB

Mike Vick is a game changer who can run like the wind and actually has a very strong arm. He is way too small to be a TE/H Back obviously and actually does have value as a QB.

I found this quote which I think sums it up quite nicely:

A high-ranking NFL personnel evaluator, who spoke on condition of anonymity to share his scouting report, said: "(Tebow) attempts to play quarterback despite poor footwork, throwing platforms, release, timing, efficiency, progression, reads, anticipation, arm strength, accuracy and any other position-specific category you can think of.

"God bless him for trying," the personnel man said, "but I wouldn't touch him and would pass on the Jacksonville (Jaguars) job if it forced me to take him."
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
wouldn't mind Tebow as a backup once we trade Alex. Tebow in the pistol would be interesting!

No he wouldnt. You still have to make the throws. Kaepernick is great because he has a gun for an arm and terrific accuracy. It is the combination of running and passing that makes him effective. Teblow isnt fast or a good passer.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
I am sure Bayless meant that Tebow would be driving the equipment truck. Because that is the only way he would lead the niners anywhere let alone the super bowl.
that s**t cray
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Mike Vick is a game changer who can run like the wind and actually has a very strong arm. He is way too small to be a TE/H Back obviously and actually does have value as a QB.

A high-ranking NFL personnel evaluator, who spoke on condition of anonymity to share his scouting report, said: "(Tebow) attempts to play quarterback despite poor footwork, throwing platforms, release, timing, efficiency, progression, reads, anticipation, arm strength, accuracy and any other position-specific category you can think of.

"God bless him for trying," the personnel man said, "but I wouldn't touch him and would pass on the Jacksonville (Jaguars) job if it forced me to take him."

How is Tebow not a game changer? He took a 1-4 Denver team to the playoffs and won a game. Vick had ZERO value at QB before he was in Philly. He had a career 53% completion percentage in Atlanta with a 75 QB rating. They could of moved Vick to WR/RB. Also I don't put a whole lot stock in anonymous quotes.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
lol Why was this even a question? He's never played for us...it wasnt like the 49ers benched him and in came Colin Kaepernick.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lazy:
lol Why was this even a question? He's never played for us...it wasnt like the 49ers benched him and in came Colin Kaepernick.

Because Tebow = big ratings for First Take and 49ers are one of two teams left playing.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

No he wouldnt. You still have to make the throws. Kaepernick is great because he has a gun for an arm and terrific accuracy. It is the combination of running and passing that makes him effective. Teblow isnt fast or a good passer.

but but but.... it works in Madden 13

How is Tebow not a game changer? He took a 1-4 Denver team to the playoffs and won a game. Vick had ZERO value at QB before he was in Philly. He had a career 53% completion percentage in Atlanta with a 75 QB rating. They could of moved Vick to WR/RB. Also I don't put a whole lot stock in anonymous quotes.

Wow,. I didnt know that Mike Vick had "ZERO" value at QB in Atlanta. I guess the THREE Pro Bowls and TWO Playoff wins dont count. Good to know.

Skip once again doing his best "Ace Ventura" impersonation. Anyone dumb enough to actually compare Tebow and Kaepernick stat for stat like he did is nothing more than a sensationalist who tries to do this type of fckery every chance he gets.
  • lazy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lazy:

Because Tebow = big ratings for First Take and 49ers are one of two teams left playing.
Your right.
I just hate hearing Tebow and 49ers in the same sentence.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Wow,. I didnt know that Mike Vick had "ZERO" value at QB in Atlanta. I guess the THREE Pro Bowls and TWO Playoff wins dont count. Good to know.

His value was as a rusher, not as a passer in Atlanta. Pro Bowls don't really mean anything, its mostly a popularity contest and Vick was the most popular player in the league. No first or second team all pros for Vick.

Michael Vick passing in the playoffs: 2002: 35 for 63 (55%) for 391 yards (5.9 y/a) with 1 TD and 2 INT's 2004: 23 for 40 (57%) for 218 yards (5.4 y/a) with 2 TD's and 1 INT.
Tebow has no business playing the QB position. From what I saw of him in Denver (saw quite a bit cause I live in Denver), the only passes he could complete were the ones where he could just air it out downfield and allow his receivers to run underneath the ball and make the catch.

He could not complete the shorter routes.... couldn't hit a RB in the flats, couldn't hit a WR on a slant, couldn't hit anything that required him to anticipate a WRs break. He couldn't read defenses and go through progressions... it's always, first option or run it/scramble.

Colin can do all of these things. Alex can do all of these things. Almost every QB in the league that doesn't play for the Jets can do these things. Skip is full of s**t and he knows it.