There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jets willing to trade revis

Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
depends how much money revis willing to sign for. i wouldn't see why we can't trade alex and a 3rd or a 4th round pick for him. alex is due to make 7mil, if we can get revis in between 7-10 mil, why not?


I believe Revis will have a huge enough ego to DEMAND to be at least the second highest paid CB in the NFL. The only reason why he probably won't be demanding to be the 1st is cuz he will be coming off an injury.
Originally posted by ninersoul:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
depends how much money revis willing to sign for. i wouldn't see why we can't trade alex and a 3rd or a 4th round pick for him. alex is due to make 7mil, if we can get revis in between 7-10 mil, why not?


I believe Revis will have a huge enough ego to DEMAND to be at least the second highest paid CB in the NFL. The only reason why he probably won't be demanding to be the 1st is cuz he will be coming off an injury.

I wouldn't be surprised if that fool was asking to be paid like a top defensive player in the league, not just the top CB.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
"The Jets ask for RB LaMichael James, two 3rd round picks, a fifth round pick and a sixth round pick for Revis."



Ditto!!
How about Alex Smith, a 3rd, and a 4th.

No more than that.
Originally posted by bzborow1:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Don't have the cap room... a lot of important free agents coming up in the next 2-3 years.... often injured.... probably brings us unwanted media attention.... not as good as his rep. We would have the ammo it's just that we don't have the cap room. Probably could get him for Alex, 1, 2, 3, 3 and maybe a bit more. Still would rather have the 4 picks and the cap room to sign guys like Goldson, AD, Iupati, Justin, Kap, etc, etc

I agree with you about the cap situation. Perhaps if we include Rodgers and Smith for Revis, but the Jets would be looking to dump cap not take it on.

Good idea with Rogers but yeah he is making 7-8 these next 3 years so probably wouldn't work. Now that you brought that up Alex might not work either since they might go with a rookie QB or Sanchez since he is owed like 8+ million. Not sure they would want Alex at another 8 million. Would be nice to have him but like you said doubt the Jets take on Rogers and Alex even if we include picks for Revis. Most likely he won't get traded and they are just seeing what offers are out there. I am sure if he would get traded it would cost a team an arm and a leg and then he would want a new long term deal. He really doesn't fit for us right now. We have pieces in place we just need to keep them.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Alex Smith for Revis

DO IT


Not going to happen cuz its not an even trade.

Alex is still under the stigma of having to prove he's one of the best of the game, Revis already accomplished that and IS viewed as the top CB in the game.
Originally posted by ninersoul:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Alex Smith for Revis

DO IT


Not going to happen cuz its not an even trade.

Alex is still under the stigma of having to prove he's one of the best of the game, Revis already accomplished that and IS viewed as the top CB in the game.

ok, Alex for Revis and a 3rd round pick
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Originally posted by ninersoul:
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Alex Smith for Revis

DO IT


Not going to happen cuz its not an even trade.

Alex is still under the stigma of having to prove he's one of the best of the game, Revis already accomplished that and IS viewed as the top CB in the game.

ok, Alex for Revis and a 3rd round pick

you really want a player that will cost 10+ mill a year and will hold out every other year for more money.......f**k that noise
Baalke went after Nnamdi, Peyton Manning, Johnathan Joseph, etc. Just cause we didn't sign them doesn't mean we don't go after them. Baalke and Harbaugh are all about improving the team any way they can. I wouldn't call them bargain shoppers.
We don't need Revis because we already have good cb for us.. we need sign Goldson is better than Revis!
i saw that and all he did was give an example of a team that can show interest since we would pick so low and can afford to give up draft picks since we got depth.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Baalke went after Nnamdi, Peyton Manning, Johnathan Joseph, etc. Just cause we didn't sign them doesn't mean we don't go after them. Baalke and Harbaugh are all about improving the team any way they can. I wouldn't call them bargain shoppers.


this, they just dont fall for the bidding war most teams fall for.
Mort's expertise is really just speculation, those fools on ESPN don't know anything. 2 years ago Dungy said we should trade our 2 firsts (Iupati & Davis) for McNabb.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jason McIntyre ‏@TheBigLead

The 49ers Have 14 Draft Picks in 2013. Here's a Darrelle Revis Trade That Could Work http://is.gd/1aKoPq

DO NOT WANT!
In fantasy land, it would work; however, in the big boy world.........