LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

Jets willing to trade revis

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by matthewabbit:
It would be like when we picked up dion and picked up another ring

Yeah, maybe if they get Revis they can finally beat those darn Cowboys and make it to a Superbowl for once.

Originally posted by xela510:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
So you're saying the NFC West title hinges on one player coming off an ACL injury?

Gimme a break.

Yes, Revis and Sherman on the same team would be lockdown. We are already are going to have to fight tough to come in first again. Not sure if y'all noticed but the Seahawks are about right there with us now. Who ever gets Revis would push the edge in their favor. It's pretty obvious.

No it is not.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
So you're saying the NFC West title hinges on one player coming off an ACL injury?

Gimme a break.

Yes, Revis and Sherman on the same team would be lockdown. We are already are going to have to fight tough to come in first again. Not sure if y'all noticed but the Seahawks are about right there with us now. Who ever gets Revis would push the edge in their favor. It's pretty obvious.
Yeah, no.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

This Revis thing makes me wonder if people in our business care about accuracy anymore. Cart way out in front of the horse.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

At least a couple of the teams that are supposedly "interested" in Revis haven't shown any interest at all. Let's ... Slow ... Down.

And it's no sure thing Revis gets traded, either.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Everyone talks about how it is going to "sky rocket" without any concrete details. Also everyone ignores that player contracts will also increase. Fact is this team has been managed extremly well since the last cap blunder we had and i want to keep it that way, and the approach the team has taken recently is the way to do that.

Having read Phoenix49ers and doing some research - you may be right. The cap may not go up. But, again - you can work around it. It's how you structure contracts that can give you plenty of flexibility.

...and yes, this team is extremely well managed and I don't think anyone feels that going out and signing Justin Smith was not a smart thing to do. We should continue to build through the draft and add a piece or two from the FA.
Originally posted by Jcool:

Wasn't Nnamdi Asomugha supposed to do the same thing for the Eagles? How did that work out??

exactly it... asomugha don't good to fix his team for the Eagles. We don't need Revis period!!
Would love to have him, but have no idea how we would afford it.
lol At comparing Nnamdi to Revis. Bunch of delusional homers in here.
you seem upset

• DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TTown9ers:
I think if there is anyway the 9ers are truly interested it's got to be for a 1-year rental only. No way they give that kind of money to one player nor should they. Teams that are run that way are not successful. With that being said, I'm all for a 1-year rental if it doesn't cost a ton.

This is exactly how I feel. He's owed 6 million next season which would be a great deal for the 49ers. They don't have to sign him long-term and there is zero chance he holds out for more money due to a clause in his contract.

His deal is technically 7 years, but the last three(at 3M/yr) void if he doesn't hold out during the first 4 years.
Originally posted by Ballistic:
you seem upset

He probably bought a Sanchez jersey
I'd rather prop up the DL with a couple pass rushers and a NT. Justin Smith needs more rest next season. The front seven make the secondary. Sign Goldson to a 3-4 year deal.
  • Silky
  • Veteran
I know we haven't played the SB and we should wait until then to start talking about the offseason, but I saw this article on NFL.com. We definitely need to address the corner situation as it appears Carlos Rogers has lost a step. If there was a weak point on our D this year, it was the secondary. Arguments could be made that the lack of pass rush hurt our secondary, but regardless it needs to be upgraded. I don't know if Revis is elite anymore, but he still is good and should be looked at.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000131173/article/darrelle-revis-trade-could-affect-rex-ryans-future-with-ny-jets
Share 49ersWebzone