There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Jets willing to trade revis

Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
Who would Revis replace?

Rogers
Alex Smith + 1st round draft pick for Revis!
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Who would Revis replace?

Rogers

Cut or trade?
NOT going to happen. NOTHING and I mean NOTHING that has been leaked, or "speculated" about since Harbaulke took over has happened. Not in the draft and not in free agency. It would be really cool IF it were to happen tho. Even a 6 million 1 year rental would be really cool. Front office likely put it out there to drive up his price, or make the SeaChickens panic
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Who would Revis replace?

Rogers
Yep.

Although I thought he played well vs ATL, Carlos has regressed significantly since last year.
Maybe consider it if Alex Smith is included in the deal otherwise no dice.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
The important question is..Does he fit in Fangios system? Is he a solid man/man corner? Now after the injury? Is the salary he wants worth it? I say No. Look at Namdi (if thats the correct spelling) with the EAgles. He does not fit their scheme. He is essentially worthless then. Like he has shown on the field.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
There is no reason for saying NO to the best DB in the league. ACL injuries are not what they used to be...most players recover just fine from them, some even come back stronger.

I'd easily give the 32nd pick in the draft and considering how weak the draft class is this year - I'd give Alex Smith + 32nd pick.

Let's remember - it is highly likely that cap will go up a lot in 2014 and with our revenues to hit sky-high at the new stadium, we can spend all of our cap. With Revis, we will not be one of the best defense, we will be the BEST defense and it won't be close.
[ Edited by 49ersMyLife on Jan 25, 2013 at 5:26 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

leaves no money to sign Goldson
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
We made the super bowl without him. 15M is too much for almost any position.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
Hope he comes here

this.

Best DB in the league and takes up one side of the field and shuts it down 90% of the games.

Please come to SF...we will be hands down the BEST D in the league.
Let's win the Lombardi first then we'll talk about this later
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

leaves no money to sign Goldson

Release/trade Alex Smith and Carlos Rogers and the money for Revis is there. We can franchise Goldson once again at 7.5M a year or reach a long term deal with him that pays him around 7M a year.

We will have one of the top 3 player at DLine in the league
We will have the top 2 ILBs in the leage
We will have one of the top 3 rush LB in the league
We will have the top DB in the league
We will have one of the best Safety in the league

Can we win without Revis - yes, this year has proven that. But, with Revis - our success will last longer. Other teams will improve and so must we. A chance to land the best DB is something that doesn't happen often. Even if we can't sign Goldson, I'd take Revis. Revis is the ONLY shut-down caliber DB in the league - and doesn't require a safety at the top.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
If it doesn't cost us any thing to give to the Jets and he'll play for veteran's minimum, do it. Ain't going to happen.

Is he worth a trade? The dude could tun out to be a mere rental.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Hey AB, is this correct? If so I say go get him:

9/6/2010: Signed a four-year, $46 million contract. The deal contains $32.5 million guaranteed, including all of Revis' first two base salaries and an $18 million first-year option bonus. The contract stipulates that Revis cannot be franchise tagged when his deal voids following the 2013 season. 2013: $3 million (+ $1 million workout bonus + $1 million roster bonus due 3/16 + $1 million reporting bonus), 2014-2016: (Voidable Years) $3 million, 2017: Free Agent

I thought he was expected to recieve 16 million?

Yep, it's correct. He is due 3M in bonuses, plus a 3M base, the Jets will take a 9M hit for trading him.

He wants 16M per year on a new deal, not sure why it was reported he would make 16M, he makes like 9M in 2013 with prorated bonuses accounted for.

Who would be resposible for the bonuses, us or the Jets?