There are 173 users in the forums

Possible landing spot for Alex Smith

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I have never thought the Niners would get a 2nd rd pick for Alex and simply laughed at the notion of getting a first. 3rd Round is the best they are going to get and it could fall to 4th in my opinion. I doubt it goes lower than that though

We would have three third round picks and that would be amazing.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I have never thought the Niners would get a 2nd rd pick for Alex and simply laughed at the notion of getting a first. 3rd Round is the best they are going to get and it could fall to 4th in my opinion. I doubt it goes lower than that though

If that is all he isworth maybe the best option is to just keep him as a back up. Being a back up on a Super bowl winning team is better than start for a mediocore team. Montana/Young days, Young was ready to start when he left USFL. Being our back up with his ability is great for us.
Somehow I just see him landing with the Browns.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Bills announced that they have re-signed QB Tarvaris Jackson.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Bills HC Doug Marrone: "I spoke with Ryan (Fitzpatrick) and Tarvaris (Jackson) and told them we'll have an open competition at quarterback."

Take the Bills out now.

Our trade options are disappearing, Probably gonna have to release him then he will sign with the Cards
  • dwett
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Somehow I just see him landing with the Browns.

Funny I think Alex will have to play second fiddlle yet again. Really feel that how the Nick Foles situation works out will deteremine Alex's future. If KC doesn't get Foles, there next call will be to us. Hope this happens because if the Browns are really done with Weeden already they will be in a bidding war with us. Just hope this all occurs before we are forced to release him.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Bills announced that they have re-signed QB Tarvaris Jackson.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter Bills HC Doug Marrone: "I spoke with Ryan (Fitzpatrick) and Tarvaris (Jackson) and told them we'll have an open competition at quarterback."

Take the Bills out now.

Our trade options are disappearing, Probably gonna have to release him then he will sign with the Cards

The Seahawks had Tavaris Jackson under contract when they went out and got Flynn AND Wilson. Having Jackson on your team does NOT mean you are done looking for QBs.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Take the Bills out now.

The Seahawks had Tavaris Jackson under contract when they went out and got Flynn AND Wilson. Having Jackson on your team does NOT mean you are done looking for QBs.
The seahawks could start Flynn this year...the way they go through personnel.
Originally posted by juycho:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

If that is all he isworth maybe the best option is to just keep him as a back up. Being a back up on a Super bowl winning team is better than start for a mediocore team. Montana/Young days, Young was ready to start when he left USFL. Being our back up with his ability is great for us.

He makes way too much and we have very little cap room. There's no way paying a guy over $8 million to carry a clipboard is a good thing for this team. Not to mention the tension his presence will cause. He made it known he wants out.
wonder if the Jags, Titans, and Bucs will be willing to jump in with KC for him???
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for hawker84.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

?

Originally posted by hawker84:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

?
With the way pete carrol works, he could go with whatever player that has the hot hand
People do realize there is a chance that we just keep Smith right? If we don't get any good trade offers, it would be dumb to just flat out release him. I think we take a cap hit for releasing him too. Kaepernick is currently making backup money, so Smith's salary isn't that big a deal. Also, we're in great shape if Kap ever goes down with Smith as the backup. We don't owe him a release at all. Gotta do what's best for the team.
Anyways, I say if we don't get a 3rd rounder or better for Smith, you keep him. Running Qb's are more likely to get injured. Albeit Kap is good at not taking hits and sliding, he still likes to run and can be more vulnerable to injury because of that. Smart to keep Smith in the meantime if we don't get any good offers and find a solid backup during that time.
[ Edited by pwillis52beasty on Feb 19, 2013 at 5:16 PM ]
It's all coming together.....................

No quarterbacks in the draft. Really no quarterbacks available on the free agent market.

That boils down to one solution for the Kansas City Chiefs, according to experts.

Alex Smith.

The much-maligned, then briefly-beloved San Francisco 49ers quarterback could be the best fit under center for the rebuilding Chiefs, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, which analyzed the words of Chiefs GM John Dorsey.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/NFL-Experts-Alex-Smith-to-Chiefs-Likely-191741111.html

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
It's all coming together.....................

No quarterbacks in the draft. Really no quarterbacks available on the free agent market.

That boils down to one solution for the Kansas City Chiefs, according to experts.

Alex Smith.

The much-maligned, then briefly-beloved San Francisco 49ers quarterback could be the best fit under center for the rebuilding Chiefs, according to the San Francisco Chronicle, which analyzed the words of Chiefs GM John Dorsey.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/NFL-Experts-Alex-Smith-to-Chiefs-Likely-191741111.html

While that might be true there has to be more than 1 team that really wants him in order to create any real trade value. Otherwise, the Chiefs can just offer a 5th rounder and the Niners will have to take it or cut Alex. I dont see anyway they bring him back as a backup.
Share 49ersWebzone