LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Rams Hire Rob Ryan as DC

Shop 49ers game tickets
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/11/report-rams-hire-rob-ryan/
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Rams >>> RT @jthom1 . . . .early in the process of hiring a defensive coordinator. Jeff FIsher likes to take his time on such hires.
So it's official?
well they have the picks to help build his 34 if that what he and fish go that route
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
So it's official?

UPDATE 10:17 p.m. ET: Brian Costello of the New York Post later amended his report to say that Ryan to the Rams is not a done deal but likely will get done. Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported that the Rams are interested in Ryan but have not yet hired him.
Another reason to hate them more with this fat f**k roaming the sidelines. I've never been impressed.
  • bors
  • Veteran
all that money spen ton a great 4 3/seriously they there d was not bad......there choice hope they fail
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
I can't stand when they constantly cut to his ugly ass during the games.
Not worried at all, dude sucks. He's never had higher than the 22nd ranked defense and has never been to the playoffs as DC.
Last time he was in the playoffs he was linebackers coach in New England.
[ Edited by btthepunk on Jan 11, 2013 at 8:24 PM ]
Originally posted by bors:
all that money spen ton a great 4 3/seriously they there d was not bad......there choice hope they fail

That D was f**king good. Wayyyy underrated. A couple draft pics and they were a solid top 5 defense IMO.

They just hired a coach who runs a 3-4 to coach a team that runs a 4-3. They have plenty of draft picks, but will they have to retool as opposed to reload?
bahahaha yes! dallas had so much talent on defense and this guy still couldnt get them to stop anyone.

All the Ryans are overrated.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I like this move quite a bit.

Chris Long could be very dominant at the 3-4 OLB. If he doesn't work there, they can always move him to the DE position. Remember, Mike Nolan did the same with Justin Smith. They also have Langford, who was successful with the Dolphins as a 3-4 DE, and Brockers, who could rotate with the two and potentially can play some NT.

Laurinatis easily fits as a ILB in the 3-4. Ricky McIntosh could compete with Josh Hull for the other ILB spot unless they can fill the position in Free Agency. Maybe they could go after Larry Grant again?

The biggest shift may be with Jo-Lonn Dunbar. He was outstanding last season, but at 6-0 225 lbs, he doesn't really have the frame to succeed in the 3-4 D. They could net a 3rd or 4th round pick for his services - Jaguars could push hard for him if they stay in the 4-3 defense.

When you look at the draft, if they address their OL needs in free agency (Jake Long at OT) and resign Danny A., I could see them go D with both picks in the 1st round. Jesse Williams at NT with the 1st pick, and Eric Reid at FS with the 2nd pick.

This D will be elite in a couple of years and stacked in nearly every position.

DE: Brockers
NT: Williams*
DE: Langford

OLB: Long
ILB: Laurinitas
ILB: Free Agency Signing
OLB: Quinn

CB: Finnegan
CB: Jenkins
FS: Reid*
SS: Mikell
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
They just hired a coach who runs a 3-4 to coach a team that runs a 4-3. They have plenty of draft picks, but will they have to retool as opposed to reload?

probably going to move quinn to OLB...have brockers at NT...Long at DE and draft another DE....draft a OLB in the first round...have mcintosh and lauranitis play middle LB...

I dont think any of these players have experience in the 3-4 system...it will take them a while to learn the ropes
Originally posted by GEEK:
I like this move quite a bit.

Chris Long could be very dominant at the 3-4 OLB. If he doesn't work there, they can always move him to the DE position. Remember, Mike Nolan did the same with Justin Smith. They also have Langford, who was successful with the Dolphins as a 3-4 DE, and Brockers, who could rotate with the two and potentially can play some NT.

Laurinatis easily fits as a ILB in the 3-4. Ricky McIntosh could compete with Josh Hull for the other ILB spot unless they can fill the position in Free Agency. Maybe they could go after Larry Grant again?

The biggest shift may be with Jo-Lonn Dunbar. He was outstanding last season, but at 6-0 225 lbs, he doesn't really have the frame to succeed in the 3-4 D. They could net a 3rd or 4th round pick for his services - Jaguars could push hard for him if they stay in the 4-3 defense.

When you look at the draft, if they address their OL needs in free agency (Jake Long at OT) and resign Danny A., I could see them go D with both picks in the 1st round. Jesse Williams at NT with the 1st pick, and Eric Reid at FS with the 2nd pick.

This D will be elite in a couple of years and stacked in nearly every position.

DE: Brockers
NT: Williams*
DE: Langford

OLB: Long
ILB: Laurinitas
ILB: Free Agency Signing
OLB: Quinn

CB: Finnegan
CB: Jenkins
FS: Reid*
SS: Mikell

yeah they def have the personnel to run the 3-4. Imagine if they traded up for Mante Teo.
Share 49ersWebzone