LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 263 users in the forums

Rams Hire Rob Ryan as DC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by GEEK:
I like this move quite a bit.

Chris Long could be very dominant at the 3-4 OLB. If he doesn't work there, they can always move him to the DE position. Remember, Mike Nolan did the same with Justin Smith. They also have Langford, who was successful with the Dolphins as a 3-4 DE, and Brockers, who could rotate with the two and potentially can play some NT.

Laurinatis easily fits as a ILB in the 3-4. Ricky McIntosh could compete with Josh Hull for the other ILB spot unless they can fill the position in Free Agency. Maybe they could go after Larry Grant again?

The biggest shift may be with Jo-Lonn Dunbar. He was outstanding last season, but at 6-0 225 lbs, he doesn't really have the frame to succeed in the 3-4 D. They could net a 3rd or 4th round pick for his services - Jaguars could push hard for him if they stay in the 4-3 defense.

When you look at the draft, if they address their OL needs in free agency (Jake Long at OT) and resign Danny A., I could see them go D with both picks in the 1st round. Jesse Williams at NT with the 1st pick, and Eric Reid at FS with the 2nd pick.

This D will be elite in a couple of years and stacked in nearly every position.

DE: Brockers
NT: Williams*
DE: Langford

OLB: Long
ILB: Laurinitas
ILB: Free Agency Signing
OLB: Quinn

CB: Finnegan
CB: Jenkins
FS: Reid*
SS: Mikell

yeah they def have the personnel to run the 3-4. Imagine if they traded up for Mante Teo.

3rd best in the NFC west doesn't get you much. Their next ten years are gonna suck.
Didn't hear that report. Surprised NFL Network hasn't said much about it.
We have some stiff competition in the west in 2013. Seahawks r for real and the Rams will be a playoff contender. Hopefully the Cards dont get a good QB .
  • Janitor
  • HOF Food Reviews
Hasn't been hired

Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
That's fine, we owned his Jets D, and we had a hell os a time with the Rams D this season, great moves Rams, thanks for going out and finding a DC we owned!

. . . .

Wrong Ryan brother.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
If my thread on Eagles hiring a coach is locked this needs to be...
Originally posted by jones49:
We have some stiff competition in the west in 2013. Seahawks r for real and the Rams will be a playoff contender. Hopefully the Cards dont get a good QB .

They can't even get a good coach.
This hire is currently a rumor. But he is in St. Louis now for an interview on Saturday.

I hope AZ gets a great QB. NFC W gonna be a fun place to play.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Was gonna say is up with this.

Read here he was hired...but today all over STL sports (I live in STL)..it was saying he was INTERVIEWING today
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Chris Long could be very dominant at the 3-4 OLB. If he doesn't work there, they can always move him to the DE position. Remember, Mike Nolan did the same with Justin Smith. They also have Langford, who was successful with the Dolphins as a 3-4 DE, and Brockers, who could rotate with the two and potentially can play some NT.

Laurinatis easily fits as a ILB in the 3-4. Ricky McIntosh could compete with Josh Hull for the other ILB spot unless they can fill the position in Free Agency. Maybe they could go after Larry Grant again?

The biggest shift may be with Jo-Lonn Dunbar. He was outstanding last season, but at 6-0 225 lbs, he doesn't really have the frame to succeed in the 3-4 D. They could net a 3rd or 4th round pick for his services - Jaguars could push hard for him if they stay in the 4-3 defense.

When you look at the draft, if they address their OL needs in free agency (Jake Long at OT) and resign Danny A., I could see them go D with both picks in the 1st round. Jesse Williams at NT with the 1st pick, and Eric Reid at FS with the 2nd pick.

yeah they def have the personnel to run the 3-4. Imagine if they traded up for Mante Teo.

3rd best in the NFC west doesn't get you much. Their next ten years are gonna suck.

your dead wrong, they will be a a 7-8 win team next season

Wasn't Long a 3-4 DE at UVA?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
The Redzone ‏@TheRedzoneorg

Rob Ryan leaves St. Louis without a contract http://tinyurl.com/9wc9eng #NFL #Rams

f**k

They have a solid crew
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

Ex-#Cowboys DC Rob Ryan has reached a deal with #Rams, I'm told. Nothing has been signed. But doesn't sound like there's anything in the way

From someone who spoke with him, Rob Ryan has been studying#Rams and he's pretty psyched to get started as their DC. Nothing signed yet tho
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 24, 2013 at 4:18 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
now its official
Share 49ersWebzone