LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

Report: Browns restart search without Kelly - Kelly to stay at Oregon

Shop 49ers game tickets
A body of mine is a Cleveland fan. If Kelly goes to the Browns, I could get behind them a little bit. Not against the 9ers of course.

It's funny, on one hand I wonder how a pure spread coach can succeed in the NFL, but on the other hand Kelly is such a smart coach that I wonder how he will tweek it to make it work. He is so inovative that I like his chances.
Why do some people question if RB Trent Richardson can fit in Chip Kelly's offense? I don't foresee a problem.
lulz at smith going to browns

he wouldnt want to go afc north
Originally posted by ads_2006:

It may not be his choice.
Cleveland has been a black hole for coaches. It's going to be quite a job to turn that franchise around. I haven't seen the Browns play too much (who has?). Let's see if he can translate his quick offensive schemes on the NFL stage. I hope he makes it his Oregon teams were fun to watch.
If he's close to dealing with the Browns, then why is he still visiting with BUF and PHI?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
If he's close to dealing with the Browns, then why is he still visiting with BUF and PHI?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8814457/sources-chip-kelly-oregon-ducks-meets-cleveland-browns-talk-buffalo-bills-philadelphia-eagles
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

More $$$ and power
Originally posted by oregonniner:
A body of mine is a Cleveland fan. If Kelly goes to the Browns, I could get behind them a little bit. Not against the 9ers of course.

It's funny, on one hand I wonder how a pure spread coach can succeed in the NFL, but on the other hand Kelly is such a smart coach that I wonder how he will tweek it to make it work. He is so inovative that I like his chances.

Chip Kelly's offense is going to get Brandon weeden killed with that zone read crap and he's already an old man so this has bad news written all over it

I wouldn't mind watching Chip Kelly & Alex Smith.
Originally posted by OregonNiner87:
I wouldn't mind watching Chip Kelly & Alex Smith.

Thas disgusting.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by ads_2006:

It may not be his choice.

lol this

would be pretty f**ked up for harbaugh to do that

and

he could choose to retire, ala carson palmer
why would he want to go with the Browns?? hardest division in the NFL
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
why would he want to go with the Browns?? hardest division in the NFL

Hardest division? Maybe last year.

Ray Lewis is retiring, their offense is mercurial and Flacco might not be their QB in 2014, let alone 2013.

Steelers might lose their OC for the 2nd year in a row, Heath Miller just tore 2 or all 3 of the major knee ligaments in the final game of the year, Wallace might not be on their team next season either. Their defense is crumbling as no one can stay healthy and is only getting older, nobody registered more then 5 sacks. They have no running game and will probably let Mendenhall walk

The Bengals are a wildcard contender with a mercurial running game and their defense will not generate the same kind of pressure every season like they are this year.(See 2011 & 2012 49ers as a perfect example).

The Browns could very easily and immediately vie for wildcard berth with nothing but better coaching and consistency on defense.
Share 49ersWebzone