LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

Cardinals close to hiring Andy Reid as HC

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by vaden:
Not remotely scared. Bodes well for Arizona continuing to have a bad OL and bad running game. And this talk of Reid convincing them to keep Kolb and pay him another $11 million after he screwed their franchise by trading him there to begin with...

kolb is the best qb they have he's just injured every week... I like to see us keep smith as the backup or trade him outside the division, don't want to see us release him to whatever team wants him and a lot of teams will be calling this time around without a manning. I'd hope reid stays out of our division too but I think he's a good coach just a bad luck on vick being a s**tty qb. He's very good at finding offensive talent though
I bet he ends up in San Diego
1. Harbaugh
2.Carroll
3.Fisher
4.Reid

Division is going to be the best like JH said.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
1. Harbaugh
2.Carroll
3.Fisher
4.Reid

Cept Reid isnt that good of a coach. Hes so overrated. He had McNabb, Westbrook, and Owens carry his early/mid 2000's teams. Hes easily the worst game clock manager in the NFL. Remember that game where they needed to call a timeout to kick the game winning FG, and Reid just stood there looking around as the clock ran out.
Originally posted by Niners99:
1. Harbaugh
2.Carroll
3.Fisher
4.Reid

Cept Reid isnt that good of a coach. Hes so overrated. He had McNabb, Westbrook, and Owens carry his early/mid 2000's teams. Hes easily the worst game clock manager in the NFL. Remember that game where they needed to call a timeout to kick the game winning FG, and Reid just stood there looking around as the clock ran out.

Yea Reid isn't legendary but makes some games competitive. Losing Jim Johnson, who was one hell of a defensive coordinator really took away a lot of his momentum and snatched the Eagles right out of contention.
we've played 3 pass oriented teams this season. (not saying they don't run the ball)

Packers, Saints, and Patriots.

yeah........................................
1. Harbaugh
2.Carroll
3.Fisher
4.Reid

Yea Reid isn't legendary but makes some games competitive. Losing Jim Johnson, who was one hell of a defensive coordinator really took away a lot of his momentum and snatched the Eagles right out of contention.

yeah he's still an upgrade over wiz. Plus he knows what strengths Kolb may have. i don't know their cap situation, but If arizona can bring in some OL in the draft/FA..... a quick turn around is possible for them.

....................... this also probably means Alex doesn't go to Arizona if we cut him.
Will sign with Chiefs, lol
1. Harbaugh
2.Carroll
3.Fisher
4.Reid

Not sure why since I don't like the Cards at all, but I'm rooting for them to hire someone experienced like Reid. Maybe it's because I despised him and the Eagles and would enjoy defeating a Reid-coached ARZ team for years to come.
  • vaden
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Will sign with Chiefs, lol

I think he should. Much better talent there, and a weaker division. But it'd be sad to see him waste Jamaal Charles.

He'll go to a team that has a very good established QB. That isn't the Cards.

I'm thinking Chargers, Chicago.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
He'll go to a team that has a very good established QB. That isn't the Cards.

I'm thinking Chargers, Chicago.

I disagree
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
1. Harbaugh
2.Carroll
3.Fisher
4.Reid

yeah he's still an upgrade over wiz. Plus he knows what strengths Kolb may have. i don't know their cap situation, but If arizona can bring in some OL in the draft/FA..... a quick turn around is possible for them.

....................... this also probably means Alex doesn't go to Arizona if we cut him.

We will trade Alex, not cut him. Too many teams are desperate for QB's. The draft class is weak at QB, and Smith is arguably the best available target. There is zero chance we just cut him.

And Whisenhunt is a much better coach than Reid imo. The Cards firing him was idiotic. It wasnt his fault they have no QB.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
If they keep horton to go along with Reid I'll be a little worried.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran

Losing Jim Johnson was huge. He basically allowed Reid to focus strictly on the offense.
Share 49ersWebzone