There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***NFL Wild Card Playoff Weekend Thread***

Originally posted by Leathaface:
Legit question (don't base it just off of this game)...Kaepernick or Dalton? Drafted side by side 2 years ago.

Kaep by a mile
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Bengals have yet to convert a 3rd down in this game
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Legit question (don't base it just off of this game)...Kaepernick or Dalton? Drafted side by side 2 years ago.

Kaepernick, easily. Dalton was the more ready guy by far, but also had a substantially lower ceiling, what you're seeing from him this season is about as good as its ever going to get.

Yea I agree. I was upset when we got CK though. I felt like Dalton was the guy we really wanted.

Not upset any more.
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
lol. Its his second year in the league and he has brought his team to back to back playoff births. This place is unreal sometimes. He is playing one of the best defenses and pass rushes in the league, they havent had the run game working, and his WR's havent made any big plays.

Not an inaccurate statement, I've always seen him as a solid game manager type, he's been blessed to play with one of the few #1 WR's in football, but otherwise, I wouldn't expect much more in the future.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Bengals have yet to convert a 3rd down in this game

Sounds familiar.....
Ponder is really up and down
He had a really good game last week so he is prone to being cold this week. I think if Webb keeps the ball safe 28 will rip through the Packers D and to ATL

I think we play the Seahawks one more time

Kaepernick, easily. Dalton was the more ready guy by far, but also had a substantially lower ceiling, what you're seeing from him this season is about as good as its ever going to get.

Yea I agree. I was upset when we got CK though. I felt like Dalton was the guy we really wanted.

Not upset any more.

yee of little faith.

Dalton was the safe choice, Kaep was the risk. So far it looks like the Niners will be rewarded for taking the risk. Kaep has top 5 potential, while Dalton will always be top 10-15.
Originally posted by susweel:
Dalton is game manager at best

lol. Its his second year in the league and he has brought his team to back to back playoff births. This place is unreal sometimes. He is playing one of the best defenses and pass rushes in the league, they havent had the run game working, and his WR's havent made any big plays.

he just an average qb nothing to make you say wow

Not an inaccurate statement, I've always seen him as a solid game manager type, he's been blessed to play with one of the few #1 WR's in football, but otherwise, I wouldn't expect much more in the future.

I simply disagree. Does he have the athletic ability or ceiling of Kaep? No, but to say a QB like Dalton has nothing more than what he has shown, when he has brought his team to back to back playoff births and is only in his second season is ludicrous. He will get better. Two big missed catches by Green. If he catches those its a totally differant ballgame right now.
[ Edited by RealShaloop on Jan 5, 2013 at 4:21 PM ]
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
0/7 on 3rd down for cincy

weren't we like 1/15 last year in the championship game
Originally posted by Niners99:
yee of little faith.

Dalton was the safe choice, Kaep was the risk. So far it looks like the Niners will be rewarded for taking the risk. Kaep has top 5 potential, while Dalton will always be top 10-15.

Yea no joke I was a huge CK hater til this year, haha. Never liked Alex Smith either, though, so I was in favor of Kaep taking over after that great Bears game.

It's so awesome to be excited about a young 49er QB for the future with potential like CK.

Sometimes you forget that he's only started like 8 games.
Wow Cincy could still take this
Originally posted by RealShaloop:
0/7 on 3rd down for cincy

Pretty close to our average.