There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

***NFL Wild Card Playoff Weekend Thread***

  • jrg
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 111,212
RG3 could miss start of '13 season?

What did the 5 fingers say to the face?


Originally posted by jrg:

SLAP
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by dwett:
Man I have lost a lot of respect for the NFL network crue. RG3 was not the best option for the redskins in the second half. The reason why Morris did not get his carries in the second half because they could not maintain drives because Seattle was not scared of him running or for that matter passing. Shannon had one goal to accomplish. Win this game and go on in the playoffs. Not to have loyalty to a guy that got them there, not to have the arrogance to say I can win with RG3 despite the injury, just to win the game.

In the second half Cousins gave them the best chance to win the game. He should have played and Mike made a mistake. I can't believe no one on NFL network is making that argument. RG3 at less than 50% is not better than a QB that has come in off the bench and played well. If CK were to get hurt and we didn't go to Alex I would be pissed. Winning the game is all that matters not who got you there.
THANK YOU. I was yelling Play cousins after 5 minutes into the 3rd plenty of time left and he would have won them that game.

Racist!!!!
Wilson needs to be hit by a bus
Originally posted by dwett:
Man I have lost a lot of respect for the NFL network crue. RG3 was not the best option for the redskins in the second half. The reason why Morris did not get his carries in the second half because they could not maintain drives because Seattle was not scared of him running or for that matter passing. Shannon had one goal to accomplish. Win this game and go on in the playoffs. Not to have loyalty to a guy that got them there, not to have the arrogance to say I can win with RG3 despite the injury, just to win the game.

In the second half Cousins gave them the best chance to win the game. He should have played and Mike made a mistake. I can't believe no one on NFL network is making that argument. RG3 at less than 50% is not better than a QB that has come in off the bench and played well. If CK were to get hurt and we didn't go to Alex I would be pissed. Winning the game is all that matters not who got you there.


Hindsight is 20/20. Sure, Cousins would have likely given them the better chance to win, but we base that on what ? His one good start against the Cleveland Browns ?

Everyone was blasting Frazier on NFL Network last night for not playing Ponder. His elbow was bad, but he did seem to get some throws off in pre-game warmups last night. We all saw the s**t Webb put out there. Could Ponder have played any worse even with a bum elbow ?

RGIII played great in the first 2 drives. I agree that Cousins should have started in the 2nd half, but you would think that a one legged RGIII could AT LEAST get you another 3-6 points, which would have changed the entire course of the game and likely would have led to a Washington win.

Judgment calls in both games. Frazier went with he backup. Bad move. Shanahan went with his starter. Bad move.

Niners going with a backup. Not a bad move at all, considering the luxury we have at the QB position.
Carroll is a punk and needs to be run over by a bus
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Seattle won't beat ATL, back to back road games and next week is a early 10 am start.

Yeahhhhhh. All of the people on this forum predicting Seattle to get spanked by the Foreskins worked out so well, I'm sure this prediction will work out equally well. Hell, we're the 3rd team in NFL history to win a playoff game when down by 14 in the 1st quarter.

Russell Wilson has ice in his veins. It's never over until the 4th quarter ends against the Seattle Seahawks. You guys better win against the whiny Packers, because Seattle has some unfinished business in your house.
Okay, we get the sarcasm although I don't really get the purpose of the sarcastic remark.

First, I have to say I have lost a lot of respect for Shanahan today. RG3 should not have been on the field this game or the last one as well. It's obvious he was playing on one leg. I guess at 23 he can hop and skip to be quasi effective on a pro field. But what mature professional individual would ask him to do that? He should have been put on IR 2 weeks ago. I just can't believe Shanahan would do that. I am very, bitterly disappointed. For anyone who can remember back to early '90's, can you comment on whether this was a part of his disposition when he was in a position of authority with 9ers? It was really pretty awful. All the BS about who was cleared, the doctor said so and so is complet BSH#T! All you had to do was look at RG3 hopping around on one foot against the Cowturds and know that this guy no way should have been vertical. Very, very troubling.

And, I hope this ends all discussion about what a great innovation the pistol is. The only people who are physically qualified to run the pistol are, like, Adrian Peterson. ANy QB less than 220 lbs who is taking more than 5 hits a game off the pistol will have a 36 month career. Boo, Mike, Boo.
yea, if all that was said about the RG3 injury is true, Shannahan has gone off the deep end. Leaving him in there tonight was bad, but if the allegations are true, that's badder.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by jrg:

f**king awesome

notice him backing up after he gets punked LOL, he wanted no part of that fight.
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
Wilson needs to be hit by a bus

Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
Carroll is a punk and needs to be run over by a bus

I'm assuming you feel that's the only way the Hawks will lose

Still a hard row to hoe, on the road, early game in the East but, no matter the outcome of next Sunday's game, today's victory went a LONG way to get the "road-kill" monkey off their back and is great experience for this young team going forward.

I hope RGIII will be OK ~ certainly coud have been a different game had he been 100%
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
Wilson needs to be hit by a bus

Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
Carroll is a punk and needs to be run over by a bus

I'm assuming you feel that's the only way the Hawks will lose

Still a hard row to hoe, on the road, early game in the East but, no matter the outcome of next Sunday's game, today's victory went a LONG way to get the "road-kill" monkey off their back and is great experience for this young team going forward.

I hope RGIII will be OK ~ certainly coud have been a different game had he been 100%

why are you here

why are you here

Rival perspective and enlightenment, of course

Good luck to the Niners vs. GB ...
IF the Hawks can get passed ATL, a rematch at the Stick should be a great challenge for the Hawks (as opposed to a rematch on the frozen tundra, which would be a near impossible challenge).
I'd much rather face the seahags than the falcons. The falcons are a more complete team. I hope the seahags win next week. Better for a home game.
[ Edited by fister30 on Jan 6, 2013 at 6:57 PM ]
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by jrg:

f**king awesome

notice him backing up after he gets punked LOL, he wanted no part of that fight.

If you going to punch somebody, punch them. That was more of a push.