LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 311 users in the forums

***NFL Wild Card Playoff Weekend Thread***

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Seattle won't beat ATL, back to back road games and next week is a early 10 am start.

Yeahhhhhh. All of the people on this forum predicting Seattle to get spanked by the Foreskins worked out so well, I'm sure this prediction will work out equally well. Hell, we're the 3rd team in NFL history to win a playoff game when down by 14 in the 1st quarter.

Russell Wilson has ice in his veins. It's never over until the 4th quarter ends against the Seattle Seahawks. You guys better win against the whiny Packers, because Seattle has some unfinished business in your house.
Okay, we get the sarcasm although I don't really get the purpose of the sarcastic remark.

First, I have to say I have lost a lot of respect for Shanahan today. RG3 should not have been on the field this game or the last one as well. It's obvious he was playing on one leg. I guess at 23 he can hop and skip to be quasi effective on a pro field. But what mature professional individual would ask him to do that? He should have been put on IR 2 weeks ago. I just can't believe Shanahan would do that. I am very, bitterly disappointed. For anyone who can remember back to early '90's, can you comment on whether this was a part of his disposition when he was in a position of authority with 9ers? It was really pretty awful. All the BS about who was cleared, the doctor said so and so is complet BSH#T! All you had to do was look at RG3 hopping around on one foot against the Cowturds and know that this guy no way should have been vertical. Very, very troubling.

And, I hope this ends all discussion about what a great innovation the pistol is. The only people who are physically qualified to run the pistol are, like, Adrian Peterson. ANy QB less than 220 lbs who is taking more than 5 hits a game off the pistol will have a 36 month career. Boo, Mike, Boo.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
yea, if all that was said about the RG3 injury is true, Shannahan has gone off the deep end. Leaving him in there tonight was bad, but if the allegations are true, that's badder.
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by jrg:

f**king awesome

notice him backing up after he gets punked LOL, he wanted no part of that fight.
Originally posted by 9inermaniac:
Wilson needs to be hit by a bus

Carroll is a punk and needs to be run over by a bus

I'm assuming you feel that's the only way the Hawks will lose

Still a hard row to hoe, on the road, early game in the East but, no matter the outcome of next Sunday's game, today's victory went a LONG way to get the "road-kill" monkey off their back and is great experience for this young team going forward.

I hope RGIII will be OK ~ certainly coud have been a different game had he been 100%
Originally posted by LisaTwelve:
Wilson needs to be hit by a bus

Carroll is a punk and needs to be run over by a bus

I'm assuming you feel that's the only way the Hawks will lose

Still a hard row to hoe, on the road, early game in the East but, no matter the outcome of next Sunday's game, today's victory went a LONG way to get the "road-kill" monkey off their back and is great experience for this young team going forward.

I hope RGIII will be OK ~ certainly coud have been a different game had he been 100%

why are you here

why are you here

Rival perspective and enlightenment, of course

Good luck to the Niners vs. GB ...
IF the Hawks can get passed ATL, a rematch at the Stick should be a great challenge for the Hawks (as opposed to a rematch on the frozen tundra, which would be a near impossible challenge).
I'd much rather face the seahags than the falcons. The falcons are a more complete team. I hope the seahags win next week. Better for a home game.
[ Edited by fister30 on Jan 6, 2013 at 6:57 PM ]
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Originally posted by jrg:

f**king awesome

notice him backing up after he gets punked LOL, he wanted no part of that fight.

If you going to punch somebody, punch them. That was more of a push.
Originally posted by RolandDeschain:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Seattle won't beat ATL, back to back road games and next week is a early 10 am start.

Yeahhhhhh. All of the people on this forum predicting Seattle to get spanked by the Foreskins worked out so well, I'm sure this prediction will work out equally well. Hell, we're the 3rd team in NFL history to win a playoff game when down by 14 in the 1st quarter.

Russell Wilson has ice in his veins. It's never over until the 4th quarter ends against the Seattle Seahawks. You guys better win against the whiny Packers, because Seattle has some unfinished business in your house.

You have a tougher hill to climb. Your defense didnt look too good there in the first quarter. Redskins did a pretty decent job at shredding it until RGIII lost a leg.

Would love to see the Hawks match up with us for Round 3. But it wont be pretty for you guys.

lol I hope the hawks beat the falcons means were playing at home and the 12th man won't help them. Should be a good round next week a lot of offensive firepower
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
yea, if all that was said about the RG3 injury is true, Shannahan has gone off the deep end. Leaving him in there tonight was bad, but if the allegations are true, that's badder.

I don't get the he said she said with the team doctor. RG3 was not putting any weight on his right leg against the Cowboys. Period. End of story. He should never have been out there, he should not have been playing against the Hawks. What the doctor says doesn't matter. The risk is too great.

The hawks are pretty lame, and I think Carroll is a d*bag. But his Oc/DC keep coming up with effective game plans. And their pretty physical. They have a good chance to beat atl.

I had thought that the winner of the Wash/Sea game would win the super bowl. After watching the Washington D do a reasonable job shutting down Seattle and disrupting WIlson, I am not so sure anymore. I think the 9ers can do the same, maybe better. But they NEED TO bring their ATTITUDE, and more than 4 rushers on Wilson.
Marshawn was simply too much for Washington to handle as I thought.
what an average round of playoff games...
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Marshawn was simply too much for Washington to handle as I thought.

If Washington could have done anything on offense in the second half they win

Exactly. They should have put in their backup QB earlier, he was actually able to complete passes.
Share 49ersWebzone