Rep the Red & Gold: Shop 49ers Gear →

There are 833 users in the forums

49ers' Director of Player Personnel rumored for several GM openings

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,443
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Originally posted by sfout:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/06/gamble-closes-in-on-jets-g-m-job/

just a recycling of Breer's tweets but I'm interested to see if Gamble can create a team that can challenge the AFC in a few years.

I'm curious if Alex will wind up there?

Naw, 2013 is a free-be for Gamble. He'll "evaluate" everyone including Sanchez and send him packing after next season, I know if they cut him now its like $15M against the cap but I doubt Gamble would do that unless it saves money in the long run.

I could see him riding with Greg McElroy for 2013 if they cut Sanchez, tank the season a bit. Fire Rex, bring in his own HC and draft their QB in 2014.
Bad HC, Bad QB and they're in Cap Hell. Good luck Gamble.
If the owner is patient, the above situation buys you 2 years before there are any real expectations. A year to evaluate, completely blow up the team in 2014, then in 2015, the draft picks of 2013 should be ready to really produce.
Never take the job with Ryan still coach.
I would advise against joining the circus.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,443
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Never take the job with Ryan still coach.

Its already been made known that the new GM aka Gamble is "evaluating" the staff and players for 2013. Basically being given a free pass on 2013, just means that he gets to wait a year before really even making a footprint in the organization.

Expect Ryan to be fired after 2013, Sanchez to be cut/traded, probably players like Bart Scott and Calvin Pace who are old and overpaid as well. Then new GM/Gamble can go ahead and bring in the personel and players that he wants.
@AdamSchefter: 49ers Director of Player Personnel, Tom Gamble is scheduled to interview for Chargers GM job Tuesday. Jets eyeing another GM candidate.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,443
Originally posted by PTulini:
@AdamSchefter: 49ers Director of Player Personnel, Tom Gamble is scheduled to interview for Chargers GM job Tuesday. Jets eyeing another GM candidate.

Its obvious that they want Gamble or Caldwell. The full report that is based off that tweet says they want to schedule another interview with Caldwell but he is already on to his 3rd interview with the Jags. I seriously think the Jets have decided they want Greg Roman or Tomsula as HC or a combo package in 2014 if either Gamble or Caldwell are hired.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,889
This is who I want to replace Gamble if he gets a promotion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Kuharich
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by PTulini:
@AdamSchefter: 49ers Director of Player Personnel, Tom Gamble is scheduled to interview for Chargers GM job Tuesday. Jets eyeing another GM candidate.

Its obvious that they want Gamble or Caldwell. The full report that is based off that tweet says they want to schedule another interview with Caldwell but he is already on to his 3rd interview with the Jags. I seriously think the Jets have decided they want Greg Roman or Tomsula as HC or a combo package in 2014 if either Gamble or Caldwell are hired.

If Dave Caldwell is hired as the Jaguars GM (as expected), I think Greg Roman goes there.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 44,532
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Tom Gamble's interview with Chargers that was supposed to happen this weekend on the East Coast, and was rescheduled, is set for tomorrow.
@AlbertBreer: On the Jets ... Since I've been asked, process is ongoing. Tom Gamble entered it as the favorite. But others can surely still win that job.
I think he'd be a much better fit in San Diego.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,443
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by PTulini:
@AdamSchefter: 49ers Director of Player Personnel, Tom Gamble is scheduled to interview for Chargers GM job Tuesday. Jets eyeing another GM candidate.

Its obvious that they want Gamble or Caldwell. The full report that is based off that tweet says they want to schedule another interview with Caldwell but he is already on to his 3rd interview with the Jags. I seriously think the Jets have decided they want Greg Roman or Tomsula as HC or a combo package in 2014 if either Gamble or Caldwell are hired.

If Dave Caldwell is hired as the Jaguars GM (as expected), I think Greg Roman goes there.

Yea I think that is likeliest scenario. Would be interesting too see MJD fill the role of Gore, Blackmon as Crabtree, maybe use Henne in Smith-like role while they groom Tyler Wilson a la Kaepernick. I hesitate to call Mercedes Lewis a poor man's Vernon Davis because has been terrible ever since that one monster year with 10 TDs but maybe they break they bank for Cook if he makes it to the open market or draft a TE in the 3rd.

Dream beginning to Gamble's or Caldwell's era in JAX would be to bag Star Lotulelei or Jarvis Jones in the 1st, Tyler Wilson in the 2nd, and a player like OL Kyle Long in the 3rd.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by PTulini:
@AdamSchefter: 49ers Director of Player Personnel, Tom Gamble is scheduled to interview for Chargers GM job Tuesday. Jets eyeing another GM candidate.

Its obvious that they want Gamble or Caldwell. The full report that is based off that tweet says they want to schedule another interview with Caldwell but he is already on to his 3rd interview with the Jags. I seriously think the Jets have decided they want Greg Roman or Tomsula as HC or a combo package in 2014 if either Gamble or Caldwell are hired.

If Dave Caldwell is hired as the Jaguars GM (as expected), I think Greg Roman goes there.

Yea I think that is likeliest scenario. Would be interesting too see MJD fill the role of Gore, Blackmon as Crabtree, maybe use Henne in Smith-like role while they groom Tyler Wilson a la Kaepernick. I hesitate to call Mercedes Lewis a poor man's Vernon Davis because has been terrible ever since that one monster year with 10 TDs but maybe they break they bank for Cook if he makes it to the open market or draft a TE in the 3rd.

Dream beginning to Gamble's or Caldwell's era in JAX would be to bag Star Lotulelei or Jarvis Jones in the 1st, Tyler Wilson in the 2nd, and a player like OL Kyle Long in the 3rd.

They might also throw Tebowmania into the mix?
Open Menu Search Share 49ersWebzone