There are 165 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ers' Director of Player Personnel rumored for several GM openings

Originally posted by Janitor:
Originally posted by Wodwo:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
wonder if that means he would bring Alex there as well?

Yes. He's going to trade us the #2 pick for him.

I think that'd be a good deal for everyone, though I don't know if the Jags would part with a #2...I'd have to see how many selections they have next year.

Jags would get an actual starting QB, Niners would clear up their confusion, open some cap space, and get some picks.

LOL You actually think that would be a good trade for the Jags? Come on man
a 4th rounder for alex would be fair imo fwiw imho
@JasonLaCanfora: The Jags have interviewed Dave Caldwell (ATL) and Tom Gamble (SF) for their GM job, and will also interview Steve Keim (AZ).
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

One thing I mentioned on the FAN this AM too is Bill Polian playing some "kingmaker" out there ... Jets are listening to him on Tom Gamble.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

Speaking of that ... 49ers director of player personnel Tom Gamble will interview with the Jets this weekend, as New York kicks things off.
@JasonLaCanfora: With the Jags GM search, continue to hear that Dave Caldwell (ATL) was very impressive in meetings. Many execs believe he'll get that job
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
@JasonLaCanfora: With the Jags GM search, continue to hear that Dave Caldwell (ATL) was very impressive in meetings. Many execs believe he'll get that job

oh well if I was Gamble I'd take a year or 2 of cap hell in NY over likely having to deal with Tebow with the owner rumored to be forcing his hand on acquiring to Tebow. That way Gamble can be the man reaping the benefits of sending Tebow packing to Jacksonville. Just 1 to 2 years of dealing with Rex and Sanchez and Gamble can then be on his way to building the Jets back up to respectability.
I won't be upset if Gamble stays put. If he goes, we probably have some future trading partners. Hopefully the next man up is ready.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I won't be upset if Gamble stays put. If he goes, we probably have some future trading partners. Hopefully the next man up is ready.

Gamble has keen eye for talent, he'll be a loss if he leaves but I have feeling Joel Patton, Director of College Scouting, will be ready. He has a similar career arc as Gamble did when first joined the 9ers, plus he has history with Baalke back in Washington.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000121999/article/jacksonville-jaguars-assistants-okd-to-find-other-jobs

Looks like something may be happening soon, maybe Gamble as the GM and Roman as the head coach?
@JasonLaCanfora: If Dave Caldwell (ATL) does land the Jaguars' GM job, a coaching change is expected with Greg Roman (SF) a strong candidate.
Originally posted by 228niner:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000121999/article/jacksonville-jaguars-assistants-okd-to-find-other-jobs

Looks like something may be happening soon, maybe Gamble as the GM and Roman as the head coach?

Along with Alex Smith.

BOOM
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
@JasonLaCanfora: If Dave Caldwell (ATL) does land the Jaguars' GM job, a coaching change is expected with Greg Roman (SF) a strong candidate.

If the owner does force the Tebow move, Roman might actually be the perfect guy to make it work.

The Jaguars would be the best running team in football.

They would also be the worst passing team.

b***h just better not try to snag Rathman.
Originally posted by BrokenJaw46:
Originally posted by 228niner:

Along with Alex Smith.

BOOM

What about the Tebow rumors? I think they would try to get delanie walker and prob ted ginn jr though
  • sfout
  • Veteran
The new rumor is that Gamble is expected to be the Jets GM and David Caldwell is going to be hire by the Jags. Giving us 2 potential targets to lose assistants to.