LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 213 users in the forums

49ers' Director of Player Personnel rumored for several GM openings

Shop 49ers game tickets
@AdamSchefter: 49ers Director of Player Personnel, Tom Gamble is scheduled to interview for Chargers GM job Tuesday. Jets eyeing another GM candidate.
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 6, 2013 at 8:48 PM ]
good for him
Great, there goes our Super Bowl hopes
I think he interviewed for the Raiders opening too.
I wonder if he'll take any of our coaches with him?
Originally posted by PTulini:
I wonder if he'll take any of our coaches with him?

The major three? Doubtful. Seely, Roman and Fangio don't have the experience Jacksonville needs at the Head Coach position. I think Khan will want to go big. I could see Chryst, Donatell or Leavitt getting promoted to a Coordinator position though.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
It would be nice for the Jags to be good again (96-99 they were a top 10 team)... best of luck if this happens.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
who?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
I saw this news a few days ago but didn't post it because its written by Jason LaCanfora,who is known to be one of the worst "insiders" in the business. He is really pushing Mike Lombardi, his old NFL Network colleague for jobs, he is the only person doing that probably because they are friends.
Originally posted by Jcool:
I saw this news a few days ago but didn't post it because its written by Jason LaCanfora,who is known to be one of the worst "insiders" in the business. He is really pushing Mike Lombardi, his old NFL Network colleague for jobs, he is the only person doing that probably because they are friends.

Didn't he blast the Niners for not choosing Lombardi when they went with Baalke? Lombardi is crap, which is why he's still on tv. Lacanforna is a joke, too.

Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Jcool:

Didn't he blast the Niners for not choosing Lombardi when they went with Baalke? Lombardi is crap, which is why he's still on tv. Lacanforna is a joke, too.

amen

I believe he also counted us out of the running for Harbaugh?
@AlbertBreer: I agree with the sentiment here ... His shot's coming. RT @davidcanter: Mark my words. Tom Gamble will be a general manager come January.
[ Edited by PTulini on Dec 29, 2012 at 6:09 PM ]
meh.
Schefter reported the Jags are high on Tom gamble (49ers director of player personnel) and that he could take Greg Roman with him!

Mods please lock or move if need be
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
good for him
Share 49ersWebzone