There are 190 users in the forums

Cowboys' Jerry Brown dead, teammate Josh Brent charged

Shop 49ers game tickets
Rip
I always hate hearing of drunk driving deaths because it's just a terrible situation for everyone involved and it's one of the most needless and unnecessary ways to die.

I mean why are you out partying a couple days before a game anyways? I understand needing to blow off some steam but man just do it in your own place. You have all offseason to go party so why the need to do it during the regular season.

And if you do party what's so hard about calling a cab? You obviously know you're going to be drinking so get a ride beforehand and get one to go home.

It's a shame because Josh Brent isn't likely a bad person just a person that made a really stupid mistake. It remind me of the old Twilight Zone episode Dust if anyone is old enough to remember that one.
So is Bob Costas going to rant about how we should abolish vehicle ownership and try to convince us to bring back prohibition? Alcohol and cars kill people too! And DUI's aren't exclusive to NFL players. Its a societal problem as well.
Wow, really sad.
At first glance I thought the thread title read "Cowboys Jerry Jones dead..."
  • Chico
  • Veteran
R.I.P.
It doesn't matter how famous or rich you are, death will happen to all of us but this is too soon for anyone to pass away! My heart goes out to the families involved.
If Goodell is really worried about "player safety" he should make this kind of stuff his primary concern.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
If Goodell is really worried about "player safety" he should make this kind of stuff his primary concern.

He cant control what people choose to do in their free time.

How?
2nd run in wih the law concerning DUI. He was sentenced 2 months during college

that is just sad man. Its always the passenger that gets killed.
Originally posted by susweel:

Instant suspension from the league for one or two years for the first DUI. How does that sound for starters?

From PFT-
The path to eliminating drunk driving from the NFL comes from eliminating those who drive drunk from the NFL. We've previously argued that a first offense should result in a one-year suspension. Harsh? Yes. But it would likely ensure that players will make the no-questions-asked call for a ride home if they are drunk.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/08/beefed-up-dui-penalties-would-deter-nfl-drunk-driving/
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Dec 8, 2012 at 4:13 PM ]
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I didn't know Brown..but I know of a few people that knew Jerry Brown. Went to Vashon HS here in St. Louis.

RIP
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
At first glance I thought the thread title read "Cowboys Jerry Jones dead..."

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:

Instant suspension from the league for one or two years for the first DUI. How does that sound for starters?

From PFT-
The path to eliminating drunk driving from the NFL comes from eliminating those who drive drunk from the NFL. We've previously argued that a first offense should result in a one-year suspension. Harsh? Yes. But it would likely ensure that players will make the no-questions-asked call for a ride home if they are drunk.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/08/beefed-up-dui-penalties-would-deter-nfl-drunk-driving/

thats just stupid to suspend somebody a year for a traffic violation. not gonna happen
Share 49ersWebzone