There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

COACH CAROUSEL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000119986/article/norv-turner-meeting-with-san-diego-chargers-president

Say good buy to Norv and their GM.
2) Norv runs a completely diferent offense. Kap doesn't need to learn a brand new offense w/less than 1 season as a starter under his belt. Please read, "The Alex Smith Project: How to ruin a QB."

Regardless of who we get it's Harbaugh's scheme so it won't change.
[ Edited by pelos21 on Dec 31, 2012 at 12:13 PM ]
Fired coaches I think will get HC jobs again this year:

Lovie Smith
Ken Wissenhunt
Andy Reid

All 3 of these guys have coached their teams to the superbowl. With so many HC job openings there just aren't going to be enough new HC prospects out there. And HCs with past success will get opportunities again, I think.

Fired HCs that will be hot prospects for teams looking to rebuild their offense:

Norv Turner
Pat Shurmer

A few teams (Oak/Arz/NYJ) kept their defensive coaches but fired OCs. I would think for teams in those situations Turner and Shurmer would be prime targets.
@AdamSchefter: Arizona and Chicago have asked for and received permission to interview Broncos OC Mike McCoy for their HC job. Will interview this weekend.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
@AdamSchefter: Arizona and Chicago have asked for and received permission to interview Broncos OC Mike McCoy for their HC job. Will interview this weekend.

McCoy is smart, ride that Peyton Manning freight train to a big pay day...
Y would whisenhunt get a job this year?

Wasn't he the play caller as well?
  • titan
  • Veteran
I'm surprise Ferret Face coach from Detroit hasn't been Axed!
@JayGlazer: Eagles have asked permission to interview Falcons DC Mike Nolan, plan to interview him Friday
Originally posted by PTulini:
@JayGlazer: Eagles have asked permission to interview Falcons DC Mike Nolan, plan to interview him Friday

Also:

Eagles will interview Falcons DC Mike Nolan for the team's head-coaching vacancy on Friday.

Atlanta coordinators and coaches are a hot commodity at the moment, with Nolan, OC Dirk Koetter, and special teams coach Keith Armstrong all being linked to head-coaching gigs. Nolan was the head coach in San Francisco from 2005-2008 and amassed an 18-37 record before being fired midway through the 2008 season. Nolan was probably best known for wearing a suit on the sideline as the 49ers head coach.
Rotoworld.com

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Also:

Eagles will interview Falcons DC Mike Nolan for the team's head-coaching vacancy on Friday.

Atlanta coordinators and coaches are a hot commodity at the moment, with Nolan, OC Dirk Koetter, and special teams coach Keith Armstrong all being linked to head-coaching gigs. Nolan was the head coach in San Francisco from 2005-2008 and amassed an 18-37 record before being fired midway through the 2008 season. Nolan was probably best known for wearing a suit on the sideline as the 49ers head coach.
Rotoworld.com

@JayGlazer: Lets go one further. Eagles asked to interview 3 Falcons coaches this Wednesday. Nolan, Koetter and Keith Armstrong in Atlanta.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Also:

Rotoworld.com

Never understood the controversy behind the suit. I think all HCs should have the option of wearing suits. Its professional and as long as they are in warm weather whats the big deal? Take soccer for instance, its pretty much 50/50 on coaches that wear suits or team gear and most of the time the coaches that wear team gear(jackets, coats or scarves) are wearing a suit underneath.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Fired coaches I think will get HC jobs again this year:

Lovie Smith
Ken Wissenhunt
Andy Reid

All 3 of these guys have coached their teams to the superbowl. With so many HC job openings there just aren't going to be enough new HC prospects out there. And HCs with past success will get opportunities again, I think.

Fired HCs that will be hot prospects for teams looking to rebuild their offense:

Norv Turner
Pat Shurmer

A few teams (Oak/Arz/NYJ) kept their defensive coaches but fired OCs. I would think for teams in those situations Turner and Shurmer would be prime targets.

LOL.......Whisenhunt didn't "coach" the Cardinals to anything so much as he rode a Hall of Fame QB and the top WR in football to the Superbowl. The guy was utterly clueless and inept once Warner said adios. In addition, he originally didn't want Warner and pushed Matt Leinart to be the starter at all costs. Living in Arizona I know just how full of crap this guy really is. He could be a solid offensive coordinator, but a head coach? He and his buddy Russ Grimm are both clueless.
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Y would whisenhunt get a job this year?

Wasn't he the play caller as well?

Because people on the outside looking in generally don't know what the heck is going on. Just how so many thought non 49ers fans though Singletary deserved another chance and that he was a generally good head coach for the 49ers. Whisenhunt hit the jackpot when he got to the Cardinals, taking advantage of Denny Green's pretty solid drafting and the acquisition of Warner, he's been flailing around helplessly ever since.

Dusting off the Power Point presentation?