There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

COACH CAROUSEL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/02/ray-horton-i-think-ill-be-a-head-coach-this-year/

"Oh, no question, no question. I think my background and the way the players have performed for me speaks for itself. I've been to five Super Bowls and been on No. 1 defenses and guys out here responded to me very well. So if you're asking me do I think I'm going to be a head coach this year, I'll say yes," Horton said, via Kent Somers of AZ Sports Central. "I think the rule gives you an opportunity to expose yourself to somebody. Like I said, change is good and it exposes you to different ideas, which you are able to express to people."
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Gregg Doyel ‏@GreggDoyelCBS

Chip Kelly, Bill O'Brien, Brian Kelly. All great college-to-NFL candidates. But I'd take Kevin Sumlin, thanks.
Reid interviewing with KC also...
@mattbarrows: Caldwell has ties to Greg Roman @caplannfl ...Falcons Director of Player Personnel, David Caldwell interviewed today for Jags GM job. 2nd time for him
@MaryKayCabot: League source confirms Chip Kelly's interview w/ #Browns expected Friday. Haslam, Banner in Arizona, where both interviewed Cards' DC Ray Horton Tuesday.

@MaryKayCabot: #Browns' Haslam seems to favor a 3-4 defense, which Cards' Ray Horton runs, league source said.
Lovie never fixed the OLine and it really hurt their chances as the season progressed.
@AlbertBreer: One thing that hit me on Andy Reid ... Resume somewhat similar to Marty Schottenheimer's when he was hired by Kansas City in 1989.
Im so happy we have a good coaching staff and solid GM in place because it truly does suck when you have to go through this new coaching hires every few years.

I still remember after they fired Mooch and hired Dennis Erickson that name came out of nowhere. I was like WTF
Originally posted by susweel:
Im so happy we have a good coaching staff and solid GM in place because it truly does suck when you have to go through this new coaching hires every few years.

I still remember after they fired Mooch and hired Dennis Erickson that name came out of nowhere. I was like WTF

I remember that. I wanted us to hire Jim Mora Jr. at the time.

I remember that too. I was like wtf, when did we interview him?
Originally posted by PTulini:
@mattbarrows: Caldwell has ties to Greg Roman @caplannfl ...Falcons Director of Player Personnel, David Caldwell interviewed today for Jags GM job. 2nd time for him

^^ Falcons connection. I wonder if that means the #Jaguars intend to stick with HC Mike Mularkey afterall?
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 2, 2013 at 3:31 PM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:

Who else did we interview for the job that year?
@MikeGarafolo: Chip Kelly isn't messing around. He has scheduled interviews w/ Browns, Eagles and Bills:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/pac12/2013/01/02/chip-kelly-nfl-oregon-future/1804873/
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 2, 2013 at 3:35 PM ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Mora, Crennell, Cottrell, and Childress.
Yuck.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Mora, Crennell, Cottrell, and Childress.
Yuck.

Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home