LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 315 users in the forums

COACH CAROUSEL

Shop 49ers game tickets
can't really see Tomsula as an NFL HC. I mean he is a cool dude but comon
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Why not? I think he'd make a great HC. I know it's different, but he has experience from being a HC in NFL Europe and also won a championship! He has better qualifications than most other candidates.
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 1, 2013 at 9:25 AM ]
Originally posted by PTulini:
Why not? I think he'd make a great HC. I know it's different, but he has experience from being a HC in NFL Europe and also won a championship! He has better qualifications than most other candidates.

This. Guy seems like terrific head coach material. As long as he learned from Singletary's mistakes and surrounded himself with strong coordinators, he could be a damn fine head coach, exhibits tremendous leadership ability, is universally respected by his players. I'd hate for the 49ers to lose him.
@SI_PeterKing: Happy Valley alert: I hear Bill O'Brien is strongly considering interviewing with an NFL team.
@SI_PeterKing: Happy Valley alert: I hear Bill O'Brien is strongly considering interviewing with an NFL team.

Make it happen, that could be Roman's only ticket out of town.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
@CamInman: #49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula is a candidate for head-coach openings, CBS Sports reports.

Team's got a boner when they saw Tomsula's winning percentage of 100%

Tomsula might want to be a DC for Gamble but I doubt he becomes HC unless they can land an absolutely amazing OC and DC because Tomsula said it himself when he prepped for the final game after Singletary, he'd let the other coaches do what they want because he didn't want to get in their way.
I wonder if holmgren is interested in coaching, and if any team would want him. I'm guessing he would have a problem since I doubt any team will give him full personnel control.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I wonder if holmgren is interested in coaching, and if any team would want him. I'm guessing he would have a problem since I doubt any team will give him full personnel control.

@EdwerderESPN: I asked Mike Holmgren about a return to coaching. "If anyone is interested, I'll listen.'' Holmgren doesn't seem entirely done with football
@MattBarrows: This could change at any moment, but for now #49ers OC Greg Roman has not been asked to interview for any head coach openings.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Quote:

@EdwerderESPN: I asked Mike Holmgren about a return to coaching. "If anyone is interested, I'll listen.'' Holmgren doesn't seem entirely done with football

Oh well there that is. I hope he's willing to have a gm.

Jim Tomsula has the best winning percentage of any head coach in the NFL.

LOL.

for some reason I just dont think he is as football smart overall, as like a Harbaugh or Gruden
@AdamSchefter: Buffalo has asked for permission to interview Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy for its HC job.
http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/21479327/team-by-team-look-at-best-coaching-gm-options-as-smoke-clears

San Diego

Reid would love to land here, his hometown, but it doesn't look likely. Bruce Arians, the Colts offensive coordinator who went 9-3 as interim head coach, would make a lot of sense, however, and he already has strong ties to defensive coordinator John Pagano, who is likely to be retained. Arians cannot interview until after the Colts' wild card game, so no rush there. And the Chargers want to complete their GM search first, anyway. I also can't help but wonder if this might be a landing spot for Lovie Smith, who was fired by Chicago but has a Super Bowl appearance on his resume. Smith is expected to interview for a few jobs.

Also, several teams are thinking about interviewing 49ers defensive line coach Jim Tomsula, league sources said, and if 49ers personnel exec Tom Gamble lands a GM gig, he may end up looking long and hard at Tomsula for the head coaching job there. And, there is still a possibility that Carolina and Jacksonville part with their head coaches pending the outcome of their GM searches.

I understand the desire to move on, up, etc, but the Jags are a disaster. Going there seems to be signing up for failure.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Heard several people say Lovie Smith didnt deserve to be fired. Haven't they only been to the playoffs once in the past 6 years?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/01/phil-emery-makes-clear-lovie-smiths-failure-was-building-the-offense/
He got to the Super Bowl with Rex Grossman as his quarterback, that counts for something.
Share 49ersWebzone