There are 261 users in the forums

COACH CAROUSEL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
They were 4-1, but I didn't for a second expect that to hold regardless of their qb. Without looking it up, I think they were around 2-6 with Kolb last year. I just don't think Kolb could possibly be a qb of the future.

People said the same thing about Alex at the start of last season. Put a solid OL and RB around Kolb and he can be a pretty good, game manager type of QB.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 31, 2012 at 9:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Sourball:
Anyone here mentioned Roman rumored for Eagles?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/31/report-five-candidates-on-eagles-list/

Jags is also possible, two of the GM candidates getting interviewed are quite familiar with him.
My feelings about the vacancies :
- philadelphia : McCoy mike (lurie will again try to find a guy flexible enough and with nfl experience but with whom he can have a lasting relationship, he has in mind the denver debacle with mcdaniels)
- cleveland : Smith lovie (his job with the bears is a great "carte de visite" that this new kid/owner on the block will value, doesn't want his first step on the wrong foot)
- arizona : Reid andy (they want somebody with experience to face the best coaching division in the entire NFL)
- chicago : Gruden jon (same dreaming situation than in TB : great defense, offense with much potential, no rebuilding, only question mark is Cutler : can he work with this QB?)
- kansas city : Horton ray (they went for haley who had the superior offensive mind and they missed, i think Hunt view horton even better and he could work with pioli if he stays)
- san diego : Arians bruce (offensive mind coach to work with rivers after great job with roethlisberger and luck)
- buffalo : Kelly chip (with the potential they have on offense, this is a risky move for the bills but they take the gamble has they won't attract any big name within the NFL)

- if jacksonville adds up : greg roman (they will sign gamble as GM so roman is the logical move)

This is also based on what i've read, and the fact coaches rarely returns in the same division to face an old team of theirs.

I couldn't find the right place or the right time for those guys :
Nolan Mike
Whisehunt ken
Saban nick
Cowher Bill
[ Edited by 49Fever on Jan 1, 2013 at 4:09 AM ]
Originally posted by 49Fever:
- philadelphia : McCoy mike (lurie will again try to find a guy flexible enough and with nfl experience but with whom he can have a lasting relationship, he has in mind the denver debacle with mcdaniels)
- cleveland : Smith lovie (his job with the bears is a great "carte de visite" that this new kid/owner on the block will value, doesn't want his first step on the wrong foot)
- arizona : Reid andy (they want somebody with experience to face the best coaching division in the entire NFL)
- chicago : Gruden jon (same dreaming situation than in TB : great defense, offense with much potential, no rebuilding, only question mark is Cutler : can he work with this QB?)
- kansas city : Horton ray (they went for haley who had the superior offensive mind and they missed, i think Hunt view horton even better and he could work with pioli if he stays)
- san diego : Arians bruce (offensive mind coach to work with rivers after great job with roethlisberger and luck)
- buffalo : Kelly chip (with the potential they have on offense, this is a risky move for the bills but they take the gamble has they won't attract any big name within the NFL)

- if jacksonville adds up : greg roman (they will sign gamble as GM so roman is the logical move)

This is also based on what i've read, and the fact coaches rarely returns in the same division to face an old team of theirs.

Nolan Mike
Whisehunt ken
Saban nick
Cowher Bill

Lol are you sure those are your feelings??
Watch, Nolan will get a gig. These heavy set coaches with walrus mustaches will interview and then in walks Nolan, with his expensive suit, GQ good looks and Terry Donahue tan. How can he miss, they'll throw money at him.
Originally posted by pelos21:

Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by 49Fever:

Nolan Mike
Whisehunt ken
Saban nick
Cowher Bill

What do you mean? That i stole it from some article ? You don't like the word feeling ? Get more precise.

I took count of some rumors but go find a source saying eg horton goes to KC
[ Edited by 49Fever on Jan 1, 2013 at 6:34 AM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Black Monday hit hard

Lovie & Romeo hate that term

Therefore Cincy & Minny will champion their cause

In the name of the democrat party...

Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Heard several people say Lovie Smith didnt deserve to be fired. Haven't they only been to the playoffs once in the past 6 years?

he is going to get a lot of interviews

only black coach out there

and this
Heard several people say Lovie Smith didnt deserve to be fired. Haven't they only been to the playoffs once in the past 6 years?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/01/phil-emery-makes-clear-lovie-smiths-failure-was-building-the-offense/
Bidwell said the cardinals are not gonna give up on Kolb, which will play a role in their coaching decision. They're looking for a coach to turn Kolb into a " qb of the future." That's great news to us for so many reasons.

I read that quote earlier yesterday. To me, that suggests Andy Reid as HC. No one knows Kevin Kolb better.

If I were the Cardinals:

HC: Andy Reid
OC: Marty Mornhinweg or Pat Shurmur
O-line Coach: Juan Castillo

And for DC, hope you can keep Ray Horton.
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 1, 2013 at 8:28 AM ]

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-coverage/2013/01/ken-whisenhunt-big-name-to-watch-in-bills-coaching-search.html
http://www.cbssports.com/columns/story/21479327/team-by-team-look-at-best-coaching-gm-options-as-smoke-clears

San Diego

Reid would love to land here, his hometown, but it doesn't look likely. Bruce Arians, the Colts offensive coordinator who went 9-3 as interim head coach, would make a lot of sense, however, and he already has strong ties to defensive coordinator John Pagano, who is likely to be retained. Arians cannot interview until after the Colts' wild card game, so no rush there. And the Chargers want to complete their GM search first, anyway. I also can't help but wonder if this might be a landing spot for Lovie Smith, who was fired by Chicago but has a Super Bowl appearance on his resume. Smith is expected to interview for a few jobs.

Also, several teams are thinking about interviewing 49ers defensive line coach Jim Tomsula, league sources said, and if 49ers personnel exec Tom Gamble lands a GM gig, he may end up looking long and hard at Tomsula for the head coaching job there. And, there is still a possibility that Carolina and Jacksonville part with their head coaches pending the outcome of their GM searches.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Bidwell said the cardinals are not gonna give up on Kolb, which will play a role in their coaching decision. They're looking for a coach to turn Kolb into a " qb of the future." That's great news to us for so many reasons.

I read that quote earlier yesterday. To me, that suggests Andy Reid as HC. No one knows Kevin Kolb better.

If I were the Cardinals:

HC: Andy Reid
OC: Marty Mornhinweg or Pat Shurmur
O-line Coach: Juan Castillo

And for DC, hope you can keep Ray Horton.

Even if they can't keep Horton, then Reid can, I don't know, have Castillo double as the DC.
@CamInman: #49ers DL coach Jim Tomsula is a candidate for head-coach openings, CBS Sports reports.
[ Edited by PTulini on Jan 1, 2013 at 8:48 AM ]
@AlbertBreer: Whisenhunt would make sense for Bills too since he and Doug Whaley were together in Pittsburgh for a bunch of years.
Share 49ersWebzone