LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 230 users in the forums

COACH CAROUSEL

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by Paul:
He missed the playoffs 5 of the past 6 years, and lots of criticism on him for not sticking much with an offensive coordinator

Yet people don't think he deserved to be fired. I dont get it.

Was it from bad coaching? I remember last season they lost both Cutler and Forte to season ending injuries. This season they won 10 games. That should be enough to get in the playoffs but this was an odd year with a lot of 10+ win teams.

If it was just an off year for them not making the playoffs I could see him staying but missing them 5 of the last 6 years is more of a habit.
They were 7-1 at one point this season right? Then they collapse and not make the playoffs, thats on coaching.

Yeah I don't remember the other 3 years they missed, but I know the last 2 were kind of fluky. After they started hot, they just happened to run into a force by the bay that crushed their will.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
firing coaches is the new swag

Seriously. I'm glad Harbaugh didn't come out during a year like this. There are so many options for top candidates.
Seriously. I'm glad Harbaugh didn't come out during a year like this. There are so many options for top candidates.

Once again, this is basically average so far.

2 years ago you had 10 coaches canned on the same day.
Originally posted by Paul:
He missed the playoffs 5 of the past 6 years, and lots of criticism on him for not sticking much with an offensive coordinator

Yet people don't think he deserved to be fired. I dont get it.

Was it from bad coaching? I remember last season they lost both Cutler and Forte to season ending injuries. This season they won 10 games. That should be enough to get in the playoffs but this was an odd year with a lot of 10+ win teams.

If it was just an off year for them not making the playoffs I could see him staying but missing them 5 of the last 6 years is more of a habit.
They were 7-1 at one point this season right? Then they collapse and not make the playoffs, thats on coaching.

Yeah I don't remember the other 3 years they missed, but I know the last 2 were kind of fluky. After they started hot, they just happened to run into a force by the bay that crushed their will.

Yeah we broke them. Cutler never recovered.

They also haven't been drafting very well. Of their first rounds picks since 2004 there are only 2 that are still on the team and thats the last 2.
Cardinals to interview Reid.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Bidwell said the cardinals are not gonna give up on Kolb, which will play a role in their coaching decision. They're looking for a coach to turn Kolb into a " qb of the future." That's great news to us for so many reasons.

Kolb is not a bad QB at all if they hire someone who will tailor the system to him and actually protect him. Look at Kolb's numbers and performance vs the other garbage they had at QB. Kolb had them 4-1 before he got injured. If they do go ahead and make defensive coordinator Ray Horton as head coach and don't hire a strong offensive coordinator, major LULZ will be had.

They were 4-1, but I didn't for a second expect that to hold regardless of their qb. Without looking it up, I think they were around 2-6 with Kolb last year. I just don't think Kolb could possibly be a qb of the future.

That would be interesting.

This division would be the new nfc east. Would be intriguing.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Nolan interviewing for the Eagles HC gig.

I just can't see the Cards paying Reid what he'd want.

• sfout
  • Veteran
Greg Roman has 2 chances of becoming the next HC of Jags should Mularkey be fired.They've already interviewed Falcons exec Dave Caldwell who attended the same college as Roman and is said to have a fairly close friendship with Roman.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/31/report-six-candidates-on-eagles-list/

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-maiocco/gamble-draws-attention-gm-openings
Originally posted by darkknight49:

3 great head coaches... And a Pete Carroll
Originally posted by monsterzero789:
Originally posted by darkknight49:

3 great head coaches... And a Pete Carroll

lol this
Anyone here mentioned Roman rumored for Eagles?
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/31/report-five-candidates-on-eagles-list/
All this tells me with all these coaches being fired is that Alex will be sought after next season. We trade him and make another bid for a playoff run!!
Share 49ersWebzone