There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

*** WEEK 12 NFL GAMEDAY THREAD 11/22 - 11/26 ***

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Just a stupid stupid rule.

Yeah, they should still look at the play if it warrants looking at. And then still tack on the penalty on the kickoff.
I still think that's the stupidest damn rule I've ever heard.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
It's not like this is the first time this has happened with a coach throwing the flag on an auto review situation. Gym Shorts should know better. He should get fired.

Not only that, but the Lions defense should be more disciplined and make sure there is no doubt the player is down.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Even though I want the Texans to win, I believe that TD was completely not earned and they SERIOUSLY need to alter this rule.

What it SHOULD BE is, "If a coach challenges a scoring play, a penalty will be assessed for unsportsmanlike, however it can STILL be reviewed."

Agree

I have already seen teams get robbed this year because of the rule. It's not right. Penalize the coach, yes. But don't penalize the whole team just because the coach made a quick emotional flag toss. A team just last week got screwed by this too.
Anyone else feel a bit of redemption here? Rememeber last year when Schwartz was yelling across the field to Harbaugh, "know the rules".

As soon as he threw the flag I knew he just screwed his team and gave up a TD. This happens every week to some impatient coach.

Hey coaches, All scoring plays are automatically reviewed...
  • IT21
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by YungAce:
that TD is not reviewable? LMAO

That's just not straight.

You're not allowed to throw the challenge flag on turnovers and touchdowns cause they're automatically reviewed by the booth
Once you throw the challenge flag it's illegal and it's not reviewed at all anymore.

Its a dumb rule but Shwartz has to know the rules. Stupid move by him
lol Schaub lol I'm not gonna say any more.
Schaub's family....
  • IT21
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Janitor:

Well it's not hard to follow. Just don't throw the challenge flag on a scoring play or a turnover. They're automatically reviewed. Coaches should know the rules

it is a dumb rule though
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Nov 22, 2012 at 12:00 PM ]
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

Well it's not hard to follow. Just don't throw the challenge flag on a scoring play or a turnover. They're automatically reviewed. Coaches should know the rules

I don't care if they know the rule or not, the rule itself is damn stupid. The point is supposed to be to get the call right, not give away points on technicalities.
I am downright astounded by how many penalties -- particularly personal fouls that are NOT being called on the Lions right now. They are hitting Texans players after the play almost every play, and I saw a blatant PI that was missed.
That rule has impacted several teams this year and screwed them over. I worry because I think we are one of the highest risk teams for it to potentially happen to because Harbaugh likely would've done the same thing -- and we all know it.

I do not like the rule at all.

Already did ... see our game at The Lions last season. And, I remember JS and staff
laughing mightily at Harbaugh, for not knowing the rules in respects to the situation at hand.
  • IT21
  • Veteran
I don't care if they know the rule or not, the rule itself is damn stupid. The point is supposed to be to get the call right, not give away points on technicalities.

I agree its a dumb rule but still.. How hard is it to know not to throw the flag on a scoring play or on a turnover
just dont throw the flag

It's a dumb rule I agree but it's really simple to follow lol
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:

Yeah I agree, If the play cant be challenged then it cant be challenged. Whether a coach throws a flag or not. No reason to penalize a coach caught up in the moment. They should just tell him he cant review it, no harm no foul. The competition commitee will change this rule in the offseason imo. The only reason they put the rule in is to stop coaches from throwing the flag and delaying the game.
Originally posted by FlayvaMeister:
That rule has impacted several teams this year and screwed them over. I worry because I think we are one of the highest risk teams for it to potentially happen to because Harbaugh likely would've done the same thing -- and we all know it.

I do not like the rule at all.

Already did ... see our game at The Lions last season. And, I remember JS and staff
laughing mightily at Harbaugh, for not knowing the rules in respects to the situation at hand.

Last year though they still reviewed the play (Burleson TD catch). Regardless though, I just think it's wrong to be giving away points on technicalities.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 22, 2012 at 12:05 PM ]