There are 262 users in the forums

Top tier NFC teams

Shop 49ers game tickets
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I still believe we're the best team in the league.

Nope can't stop the run, can't pass the ball, and apparently we don't know how to cover a punt

LOL. We are not the best team.

Offense - Sub Par.

Special Teams - Horrific.

Defense - Powerhouse. But lacks turnovers this year.

2/3 of categories are not that good. Plus coaching has dropped off a bit with some very questionable strategies this season.
i forgot coaching,, we have been outcoaches more this year than in all of last year in my opinion
Only time will tell......... Don't matter who's the best team right now! Come January we can get a better idea
My concern is our formula for winning, everything has to go right for Alex, if not our team is doomed.. I often see other elite QB's overcoming turnovers to come back and win or at the very least have a shot at the end.. If Alex has multiple turnovers were screwed, that formula is dangerous especially when the D is not generating turnovers like last year ... Bottomline is our margin for error is low, number # 2 seed needed !
Originally posted by cciowa:

Nope can't stop the run, can't pass the ball, and apparently we don't know how to cover a punt

Offense - Sub Par.

2/3 of categories are not that good. Plus coaching has dropped off a bit with some very questionable strategies this season.
i forgot coaching,, we have been outcoaches more this year than in all of last year in my opinion

I agree. Classic example, seconds left, go for a play, could have been sacked and game runs out with no timeouts. WTF?....
We have a target on our back being deemed favorites. Last year we had a coach that could surprise people, but now the scheme is out there and we are still relatively good considering that this team has never been in this position before. I like what I see for the most part, but Akers was our savior last year. His slippage has made our tight margin for victory even tighter.

Our run defense is just as good. Bradshaw has gotten garbage yards at the end of the game. Marshaq Lynch is pretty tough, and Stephan Jackson is bound one good game especially in a drawn out overtime game.

Don't Worwy
Let's see if your laughing when we're hoisting the Lombardi.
Won't happen this year.

Offense - Sub Par.

This.
Some ppl think that if we are not a flawless team that means we can't win it all. Smh at that. Seriously use your common sense.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Vikings loss = Poor preparation/Tough time&place to play/Vikings are a pretty good team

Giants loss = Players Too Hyped/Bad Offensive Strategy

Rams tie = Disruption of Offence due to injury/Poor Depth Rotation on D/75 Minute Slugfest-Fatigue

When I look at these outcomes and formulas, I believe we can fix these issues. I don't think it's crazy for some to still see us as the best...when you look at the top 10 teams across the board, all have looked like crap at some point this season. Green Bay early, Denver took a while to get rolling, Atlanta's struggling now, Giants playing like garbage lately, New England let Seattle and Arizona slip a fast one on em, Chicago's been shaky in moments as well....

We will be just fine. We are built for the long haul.
Our offense is above averag, although nothing special. Don't know what everyone's crying about. We have by far the best rushing attack in the league. That has to merit something. Just because we don't have an elite QB doesn't mean we're sub-par.
We're not even the best team in our division this year. We're in a struggled to just make the playoffs. How can anyone think we're in the discussion for best team in the league? We have a terrible offense, terrible special teams, and a rapidly fading defense. Unfortunately, last year looks like an aberration now.
[ Edited by TinyHandsBigHeart on Nov 18, 2012 at 5:06 PM ]

The second best in the NFC will be proven tomorrow.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Rapidly fading? What an exaggeration.

Ahmad Bradshaw got those extra yards to put him over 100 in garbage time....game out of reach
Marshawn Lynch always hurts our D......and many other formidable fronts as well, he's just flat good.
Steven Jackson needed 30 carries and 5 quarters to go for 101 yards..3.5 yards per rush

Nobody has lit up up in the passing game this season.....Ponder has probably had the most success and I believe we've already fixed those issues in the secondary.
Originally posted by niners94:

Talk about overreacting.

not really

When we f**k up the bears tomorrow night everyone will be hopping back on the bandwagon.

The Faithful ride till the end.
Originally posted by corona55569:
My concern is our formula for winning, everything has to go right for Alex, if not our team is doomed.. I often see other elite QB's overcoming turnovers to come back and win or at the very least have a shot at the end.. If Alex has multiple turnovers were screwed, that formula is dangerous especially when the D is not generating turnovers like last year ... Bottomline is our margin for error is low, number # 2 seed needed !

Dear lord. Here we go again with this crap.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
People like to LOL a lot.
Share 49ersWebzone