There are 290 users in the forums

Top tier NFC teams

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by HuntersPointsFinest:
That statement is a joke.

Thanks for the detailed input.
2 games ago we held a team to 7 yards rushing. lol
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
TOP, rush yards, pass yards all are increasing from the last three games, fortuanatly we did play juggernaut offenses that score points

So I'm not really nit picking...buit you want to add up the whole season....you got to look at the recent and look at what's ahead

So you are more concerned with the amount of yards allowed over the amount of points allowed?...Ok, I don't see it the same way.

I understand that you are using the most recent games to project what will happen in the upcoming games. The problem with your argument is that you are not applying that logic to the most crucial statistic, PPG allowed. Using your sample size of the past 3 games, the 49ers are actually allowing less PPG than they are if you total up the entire season. The Rams, Cardinals and Seahawks have all proven that they are capable of beating elite teams on any given sunday. Its not like we were playing the Jags and Browns
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Thanks for the detailed input.

Sorry but the word joke is grossly overused around here
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I still believe we're the best team in the league.

Nope can't stop the run, can't pass the ball, and apparently we don't know how to cover a punt

LOL. We are not the best team.

Offense - Sub Par.

Special Teams - Horrific.

Defense - Powerhouse. But lacks turnovers this year.

2/3 of categories are not that good. Plus coaching has dropped off a bit with some very questionable strategies this season.

you forgot: Sky - Falling

I think we are a good team that is inconsistent.

We need to play three good games in a row (minimum) to get a trophy. It would be nice to see us do that in the regular season before we expect it to happen in the playoffs.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
TOP, rush yards, pass yards all are increasing from the last three games, fortuanatly we did play juggernaut offenses that score points

So I'm not really nit picking...buit you want to add up the whole season....you got to look at the recent and look at what's ahead

So you are more concerned with the amount of yards allowed over the amount of points allowed?...Ok, I don't see it the same way.

I understand that you are using the most recent games to project what will happen in the upcoming games. The problem with your argument is that you are not applying that logic to the most crucial statistic, PPG allowed. Using your sample size of the past 3 games, the 49ers are actually allowing less PPG than they are if you total up the entire season. The Rams, Cardinals and Seahawks have all proven that they are capable of beating elite teams on any given sunday. Its not like we were playing the Jags and Browns

That's what I'm trying to get at ...teams are getting better now then the start of the season..if we let them keep the ball in their hands the more chances they get to score. (TOP, rush yards)

We are 1-2-1 when the opponent has a decent run day
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Nope can't stop the run, can't pass the ball, and apparently we don't know how to cover a punt

We can't pass? and we are like the tenth best run d. We pass better than the bears...
I wouldn't exactly consider Stephan Jackson's game against us as good. Wasn't it about 101 yards on like 30 carries? It's similar to Brees or Manning passing for over 400 yards in the playoffs, but then when you consider they through the ball nearly 60 times, it doesn't look so good.

And the only reason both the Giants and Rams were able to run as much as they did (more so the Rams than the Giants) was because the game was close or they had huge leads. If the offense performs up to par, with the way the defense plays the run, teams will abandon the run. It's one thing to run the ball to keep a defense honest. It's another thing to try and run when you're down. If we can begin our games the way we started off against Detroit, that should help our defense immensely.
You all know the axiom, "On any given Sunday.." well, today, AZ, completely outplayed the Falcons, and had a 14 pt lead going into 4th qtr, ended in a tie, and ATL finally won....but Jags made them look bad in doing so. The Jags with one win had the Texans beat, then tied in 4th qtr, and then Texans won in overtime. Going into today, the Giants had 4 losses, same for Vikes , Detroit 5 Ls, Cleveland almost beat Cowboys in OT, GB had 3 Losses going into today, etc. Elite teams are playing like yo-yos. Denver and Indy have played well consistently recently, but both went into today with 3 losses apiece. So it ain't just us. This is the NFL, and there is parity like I can't recall ever before. Curiously some weeks, really good teams go out and put up stinkers. We fall in that group.

But unlike the other 31 teams, we have another variable at work...or had, more correctly. And that was last yrs COY coaching 3 games against the Vikes, Giants, and Rams, like he never bothered to show up. Coach Harbaugh's gameplans and in particular his playcalling, both O and D were indescribably bad. I asked myself several times if Coach had his head in the game. BINGO. He didn't. I bet that with his AF(atrial Fib) controlled and his heart rhythm normal now, that he will have his head in the game, and that he will outcoach Lovie and the Bears tomorrow nite. I honestly believe we got beaten by two very good, elite teams in the NFL, but our coach was there, physically, not mentally. Same for Rams game. Tomorrow nite watch Coach Harbaugh outcoach lovie and the Bears and return to his usual form. I believe his brain was not normal in those games, and led to his poor if not bizarrely bad coaching in those 3 games. That changes in under 24 hrs. Bet on it.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by cciowa:
we can pass the ball but the poster is spot on about not stopping the run, here is a news flash,,, we are no longer a brick f**king wall up front... in terms of special teams, punt coverage, punt formations, field goal kicking, kickoff coverage,, well you are really blind if you can not see those shortfalls

Interesting to see how critical you are of our defense, which is #1 in scoring and top 5 in every other important statistical category, and special teams yet you refuse to place any criticism upon our passing game, which has been arguably the most unproductive facet of our team at this point in the Harbaugh era. Did you go on this much of a rant about Alex Smith after he threw 4 picks and no touchdowns over a two game span or did you decide that you would let the season play out before you made any grandiose statements about it? Maybe you should cut the rest of the team that much slack too.
you know i really do not have to explain anything to you with your lack of posts and red boxes filled,,,,, check my posts if it really bothers you about what i say,, i was critical of alex for all the mistakes he has made this year so do not set there and tell me what I do and what i do not do. we have been more balenced than last year and before his injury alex was on pace to throw for maybe 3000 yards and maybe 25 scores. we have more people involved in the passing game,, and again why am i even bothering to respond to you?

The best team in the NFL has won the Super Bowl once in the last 7 years. Parody tells you things are much more wide open nowadays. Every team has glaring flaws and it comes down to whose built the best for a post season run.

I think there's circumstances where we could be tripped up but I still think we're the best team going into the post season.
Originally posted by tjd808185:
The best team in the NFL has won the Super Bowl once in the last 7 years. Parody tells you things are much more wide open nowadays. Every team has glaring flaws and it comes down to whose built the best for a post season run.

I think there's circumstances where we could be tripped up but I still think we're the best team going into the post season.

Refreshing dose of reality. What say the 49er naysayers now?
  • Ether
  • Veteran

hahahahahahah

Hahahahahahaha
Originally posted by Ether:

hahahahahahah

Hahahahahahaha

Looked like it tonight. Damn.
It looks like total domination usually when we win. You just really don't know with this team. If we beat the Saints next week, I say we can line up against any team in the NFC and win, minus you know who.
Share 49ersWebzone