There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Top tier NFC teams

After watching the Falcons game, it's clear that if the Cardinals had ANY kind of offense, Atlanta would have their second straight loss. With that said, clearly, every single top tier NFC team is flawed. The 49ers have just as much of a chance as anyone there. For all of the doom and gloom forecasters after our 3rd, 6th, and 9th games, what makes you believe that teams like Atlanta, Chicago, New York, and Green Bay are that much better than us?
I still believe we're the best team in the league.
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Nov 18, 2012 at 1:33 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

hahahahahahah
Originally posted by cciowa:

hahahahahahah

Let's see if your laughing when we're hoisting the Lombardi.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

hahahahahahah

Let's see if your laughing when we're hoisting the Lombardi.
i really hope you are right and a couple weeks ago i may have believed you but not anymore. making the playoffs will be a stretch if we give the same type of "effort" we have given in our three losses this year. and if we continue to make the same sloppy mistakes we made against an average team like the rams, we are not going to hoisting jack. i do not think i said anything that is not true

Nope can't stop the run, can't pass the ball, and apparently we don't know how to cover a punt
i really hope you are right and a couple weeks ago i may have believed you but not anymore. making the playoffs will be a stretch if we give the same type of "effort" we have given in our three losses this year. and if we continue to make the same sloppy mistakes we made against an average team like the rams, we are not going to hoisting jack. i do not think i said anything that is not true

who are you to question the players effort? was alex smith supposed to stay in the game with a concussion? we are easily a top 4 team in the NFL. the falcons, giants, packers, saints, seahawks and bears are ALL beatable teams. the only team that really scares me is the texans.. good thing they arent in the NFC
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Nope can't stop the run, can't pass the ball, and apparently we don't know how to cover a punt

Talk about overreacting.
Originally posted by niners94:

Talk about overreacting.

not really
The idea that we won't make the playoffs or won't win in the playoffs if we give the same effort we gave in our 2 losses and 1 tie goes without saying. It also applies to the Giants if they play as they did last week. It applies to Atlanta if Matt Ryan throws 5 picks in a game. Point is, all of the top NFC teams are flawed and no one is unbeatable.

Talk about overreacting.

not really

Lol
Top NFC teams, not in any specific order, AND we can beat any of them. MNF will be a real test even if Cuttler isn't playing. Our offense is playing an excellent D and how we perform against them will tell us a lot about our future chances.

Niners
Falcons
Packers
Giants
Bears

I really hate to mention it BUT don't under estimate Seattle as a spoiler

LOL. We are not the best team.

Offense - Sub Par.

Special Teams - Horrific.

Defense - Powerhouse. But lacks turnovers this year.

2/3 of categories are not that good. Plus coaching has dropped off a bit with some very questionable strategies this season.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by denali22:

who are you to question the players effort? was alex smith supposed to stay in the game with a concussion? we are easily a top 4 team in the NFL. the falcons, giants, packers, saints, seahawks and bears are ALL beatable teams. the only team that really scares me is the texans.. good thing they arent in the NFC
are you saying you were happy with the defensive effort and energy to start the game and late in the game when they could not hold a lead? are saying you were happy with the effort and energy vs the vikings and giants? i am not talking about alex smith or anyone else on offense, aside from the horses**t pass protection. this is about our alleged elite defense and the sloppy mistakes we make, penaltys, keeping drives alive through bone head mistakes,, and of course the center of that little gem,, the f**king terrible special teams, that i bet you will cost us something monday
  • cciowa
  • Veteran

Talk about overreacting.
we can pass the ball but the poster is spot on about not stopping the run, here is a news flash,,, we are no longer a brick f**king wall up front... in terms of special teams, punt coverage, punt formations, field goal kicking, kickoff coverage,, well you are really blind if you can not see those shortfalls