There are 302 users in the forums

Playoff Picture

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Seahawks haven't even won a road game yet and they're in the top six.

Not that it counts much, but they beat the Panthers in Charlotte.
I see Chicago dropping a few more (likely a division game or 2)
I think we snag that #2 spot and a bye.
I see Atl losing going 1&done in the post-season and us hosting the NFCC game.
If Atl wins, and we go there, we'll snuff them out like a sack of puppies thrown into an Eastern European river.
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
the only team on that list that we don't want to face in the playoffs are the giants!

I agree, but the Falcons are another team we don't want to face. Matt Ryan really cut up the Cowgirls last night and I recemember Ryan cutting us up with Singlecell as our coach. The best teams are meant to move on; we will need a playoff aberration to side with our fate to win the big one.
I don't want to go to GB or ATL in the playoffs, and if at all possible, DO NOT want to face the Giants again, wherever it takes place.

Not saying that we can't beat anyone, but history tells me that we won't beat GB twice at Lambeau in one calendar year, and ATL is VERY tough at home, and we aren't historically good in domes. I'll take road games at CHI and NYG, before those two.

If I had to guess our outcome, we will get the #2 seed at 12-4 based on tiebreakers, and host the winner of the #3/6 game, which I will say will be the Seattle at Chicago (Chicago should win, but who knows). I suspect the winner of the Packers-Giants moves on to face the Falcons at their place.

NFCCG at our house against the Packers/Giants, or on the road at Falcons.
Originally posted by niner4ever12:
the only team on that list that we don't want to face in the playoffs are the giants!

I hope we play them in new york
F**k the G-spot-men! I WANT them to return to the scene of the crime, for an overdue ass whuppin'! (The crime being that BS non-fumble, of course)
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
F**k the G-spot-men! I WANT them to return to the scene of the crime, for an overdue ass whuppin'! (The crime being that BS non-fumble, of course)

This.
Originally posted by Beezy33:
I don't want to go to GB or ATL in the playoffs, and if at all possible, DO NOT want to face the Giants again, wherever it takes place.

Not saying that we can't beat anyone, but history tells me that we won't beat GB twice at Lambeau in one calendar year, and ATL is VERY tough at home, and we aren't historically good in domes. I'll take road games at CHI and NYG, before those two.

If I had to guess our outcome, we will get the #2 seed at 12-4 based on tiebreakers, and host the winner of the #3/6 game, which I will say will be the Seattle at Chicago (Chicago should win, but who knows). I suspect the winner of the Packers-Giants moves on to face the Falcons at their place.

I bye this outcome. I'm still seeing a NFCCG rematch. My preferred (Best story) outcome... Wildcard Round: Packers at home, Divisional Round: In Chicago, NFCGG home against NY... SB vs. Denver!
I dont see NYG making it to the NFCCG game.
Beat the Bears!!!! Twice!!!

Originally posted by stillpans4gold:
Originally posted by Beezy33:

I bye this outcome. I'm still seeing a NFCCG rematch. My preferred (Best story) outcome... Wildcard Round: Packers at home, Divisional Round: In Chicago, NFCGG home against NY... SB vs. Denver!

Would love to get a BYE, but it's going to be tougher with the NFC dominance. It's good to see the cream rising to the top though. I suspect our Week 16 matchup at Seattle decides the division winner because I do think that Seattle is going to be on our heels the rest of the season. I think they finish 10-6, and will be chomping at the bit to get us again in the playoffs to knock us out. To be honest, I'd be most scared of facing them in a WC round, given it's tough to beat an opponent 3 times in a season.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
We will beat the Bears
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
i want the giants in the pleayoffs.
I think you guys are underestimating Atlanta especially with home field advantage. Their defense is significantly improved this year. I think we match up well against their offense but if we play them chances are it will be a dog fight.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Share 49ersWebzone